SoCal Nursery Recs

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I will be between LA & Palm Springs in January on Business with a rental car and I'm looking for nursery recs. I'm mostly into deciduous material, and pots. Any help appreciated, thanks!

There's me - Kimura Bonsai Nursery in Northridge, not far from me is Fuji Bonsai in Sylmar, There Chikugo-en in Gardena, Yamaguchi's in West LA and House of Bonsai in Lakewood,

I'd go see Bob first. I just have to believe from seeing some of his stuff on here it may be the only place you need to go. Don't know where it is but he did have a monster forest planting. I would want to see that for sure. It is his avatar.

I'd love to check out Bob's place... if it wasn't on the other side of the country.

At least I now know what the hell a "nursery recs" is, or should I say are? :confused:

ed

Thanks for the recs guys, Bob, hope to see you in January. Ed- Welcome to the new age, the new age.

Thanks for the recs guys, Bob, hope to see you in January. Ed- Welcome to the new age, the new age.

So its " new age " to assume an abbreviation is something new ? I guess you know that the word abbreviation comes from the latin word Brevis, those who spoke in this now dead language probably thought they were " new age " too. Testimonium iuvenalis stolido !

ed

The "new age" also includes a zombie apocalypse.

No worries.

You can hide in that GIANT forest!

Sorce

I thought the band Devo were new age? It took me a minute to figure it out Ed.

Bob's place is fantastic. Great selection and nice prices. Anyone know any SoCal nurseries that carry a lot of Ficus/tropicals? Bob has quite a bit of smaller stuff, but I'm looking for some hefty Microcarpa material to work with.

Bob's place is fantastic. Great selection and nice prices. Anyone know any SoCal nurseries that carry a lot of Ficus/tropicals? Bob has quite a bit of smaller stuff, but I'm looking for some hefty Microcarpa material to work with.

If you're just looking for a hefty trunk and base, you can look at places like this.

http://www.evergreennursery.com/alphabetical-plant-catalog

They're in San Diego - I don't know the LA area very well. I have cut down 15 ft trees to take home a base that I liked. Can't beat the prices, but you'll invest more time in development.

Brian

I highly recommend seeing Bob at Kimura as well as Gary at Chikugo-en. Enjoy SoCal!

Chikugo-en was nice. Lots of stuff in the $40 range which appeared to have quite a bit of work done to it over the years.

I still have a few very large ficus for sale, microcarpa and nerifolia, in Orange County, CA. I don't know where you are located, but if you are in the OC, it may be worth it for you to check out my for sale stuffs. I have sold many large ficus over the years. Search for my threads on here to see pics of some of my smaller ficus. I don't know how hefty you like them.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom