Sore spot Sorce Pot

Arlithrien

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Noooooooo! You had to have called your chemistry professor and your chemistry professor’s professor for help....Nobody is that chemistry nerdy.🤪

Well done!!!!!!!
It ended up being more Google skills than chemistry knowledge. After deciphering Sorce's handwriting I had to figure out how formulas work in ceramics. I started by searching for mixes with high strontium oxide contents since that seemed to stand out. After that failed I categorized the different chemicals into fluxes, stabilizers, and glass-formers. The Flux ratio of silica to aluminum oxide is 6.952. I came across Gerstley Borate which was the closest I could find. Then that lead me to Gillespie Borate since it's used as a substitute.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It ended up being more Google skills than chemistry knowledge. After deciphering Sorce's handwriting I had to figure out how formulas work in ceramics. I started by searching for mixes with high strontium oxide contents since that seemed to stand out. After that failed I categorized the different chemicals into fluxes, stabilizers, and glass-formers. The Flux ratio of silica to aluminum oxide is 6.952. I came across Gerstley Borate which was the closest I could find. Then that lead me to Gillespie Borate since it's used as a substitute.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    699.6 KB · Views: 8

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I knew it was glaze based but I guess I didn’t want to put that much energy into it. Nice job

Sekibonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I knew it was glaze based but I guess I didn’t want to put that much energy into it. Nice job
Yeah ditto. I'd have headed to a few glaze resources but I'm still working, don't even have time to make pots!

Sekibonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
waiting for the new "normal". Because we lost $40 million dollars last month we are being furloughed one day a week May and June so at least there's that to look forward to.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1585418011662.jpg
    FB_IMG_1585418011662.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 4

queenofsheba52

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorce, your pots have become even more Sorcerous!

I've been away from this site for about a year and your thread was the first one I opened.

I love the dragon pot you made me several years ago! I'll try to figure out how to post a pic...

Top Bottom