Sumo shohin boxwood

Mike Page

Mame
Reaction score
This buxus japonica stands 5.5 inches tall and measures 16 inches around the base.

Attachments

• sumobox2.jpg
    sumobox2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 485

Mike Page

Mame
Reaction score
Is that as large as the leaves get? They're tiny!

Barry
I've found that the leaves on buxux japonica bonsai get smaller over time. At this time they may be near helf the size that they were when the boxwood was collected several years ago. A lot of pinching involved in the process.

Reaction score
Yeah !
Bonsai and Fake trees are really good option to decorate your home and make it green.And talking about garden I think , even in garden you can show your creative ideas with the help of fake trees.

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Yeah !
Bonsai and Fake trees are really good option to decorate your home and make it green.And talking about garden I think , even in garden you can show your creative ideas with the help of fake trees.

Fake trees??? WTF?!?!?!?

crhabq

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mike,

Very nice. Any plans to do carving on the large branch on the left? I like the carving on the sumo trunk. Looks very natural. I assume this is collect from an old hedge. Any idea how old it is? A 16in. base I would think that it would easily be 100+ years old.

Thanks for posting.

Ray

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Ann, I think you just open yourself to a put yours up.

As to Mr Pages honesty, well he is well known in the forums here for more than a few years, if he says it's not tenuki, it's not. Why would you jump in and toss that out??:rolleyes:

buffrider

Mame
Reaction score
Yeah !

Can we say SPAM!!!!?????

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
ahhh missed that part, beat it Miss Spam aLot.

I think I'd like Mikes works over some fake schtuff any day.

Top Bottom