The amazing art of MJ Lai (Mrs. Tokutake)

Adamski77

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8/9
Outstanding work! … wish I could get here some… maybe in the future. Keep going guys!!!

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I know we all talked about hating fb, but if these don’t sell I’ll have them on the website. :) They are at Bonsai Auctions, look for #sometsuke.
I love that bunny one so much 😂😂 it incorporates an inspiration from my favorite Japanese painting….and cuuuute Bunnybuns.

The colab between your pots and your wife’s painting, there are no words to accurately describe the awesomeness.

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
I’ve decided *deleted controversial opinion* and I’m not gonna take things seriously anymore.

Attachments

• 3AD7309C-1C49-44FB-8026-C62014EE2363.jpeg
    3AD7309C-1C49-44FB-8026-C62014EE2363.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 73

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Just kidding, have some serious pots. For those not on that new fangled hip kid instagram thing.

Attachments

• 79D7D2A2-F862-4DAE-AADB-8C3156EFB58F.jpeg
    79D7D2A2-F862-4DAE-AADB-8C3156EFB58F.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 95
Reaction score
Portland, Oregon, United States of America
USDA Zone
9b
I’ve decided *deleted controversial opinion* and I’m not gonna take things seriously anymore.
Love this, I hope you post the finished product!
IMG_3301.jpegWould you pair jbp with ocean sun fish?
This size category, I believe, gives you a lot freedom to be playful. I say let your hair down and run barefoot through the flowers. 😌

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
View attachment 457690Would you pair jbp with ocean sun fish?
This size category, I believe, gives you a lot freedom to be playful. I say let your hair down and run barefoot through the flowers. 😌
I might have to draw him with one. 😂 maybe riding one like a flying carpet 🤣

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
View attachment 457690Would you pair jbp with ocean sun fish?
That is one beautiful cat. Please change your profile picture to this one. The one you have makes it look feral.

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Confused 🫤 lol
Kitty riding on a sunfish like it’s a flying carpet?
What brush do I need to do this?
I want to start practicing brush strokes before i make pots this fall/winter
Just shows how disconnected I am from bonsai, I thought JBP was your cat’s name which I remember it is not (japanese black pine?) in which case the size category regarding a cat was confusing on my end also lol. Yes kitty riding a sunfish! I’ll make a doodle. 😂

Reaction score
Portland, Oregon, United States of America
USDA Zone
9b
Just shows how disconnected I am from bonsai, I thought JBP was your cat’s name which I remember it is not (japanese black pine?) in which case the size category regarding a cat was confusing on my end also lol. Yes kitty riding a sunfish! I’ll make a doodle. 😂
Seems we have similar thinking! His name is Eggs, my fault for being careless with acronyms and not writing in complete sentences.
@Carol 83 😍 thanks for compliment. He usually starts talking when i try to snap a pic. Hard to get one with mouth closed.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Seems we have similar thinking! His name is Eggs, my fault for being careless with acronyms and not writing in complete sentences.
@Carol 83 😍 thanks for compliment. He usually starts talking when i try to snap a pic. Hard to get one with mouth closed.
Much better!

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
He is stunning, I also have a pretty long haired kitty but with heterochromia 🙂 and just like Eggs she never shuts up! 😂😂😂😂

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Derailing the kitty chat to bring in a hat design. 😂 Any thoughts? Yay, nay?
Love the concept, raven/crow needs a bit more detail to make it "raven-ish" or "crow-ish," I think.

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Thanks! I was thinking he could use more detail.. 🤔 especially with embroidering, itwould be a shame not to.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Crows are definitely my favorite bird. If anything.....more crow attitude!

Top Bottom