The (bonsai) B-Nut dream team...

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Great team but I requested both heavy hitters (Bill V & Walter P) be excused if possible...

Sorry I missed that...they are both members here though and that's the only qualification listed in your initial post:)

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
ya know, Victrinia's hubby Eric is no slouch.....I just wish they had a quince team I could be on :)

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dario, in all fairness there are many heavy hitters here. Judging by those that post trees that are always impressive either in design or technique I would choose (in no particular order) Al, Rob, Vance, Victrinia, Eric, Sawgrass, Sam, Ryan Neil.

ed

Last edited:

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Dario, in all fairness there are some heavy hitters here. Judging by those that post trees that are always impressive either in design or technique I would choose (in no particular order) Al, Rob, Vance, Victrinia, Eric, Sawgrass, Sam, Ryan Neil.

ed

Ed,

I know, but I think Walter Pall, Collin Lewis, Bill Valavanis, and Ryan Neil are on another level (no disrespect to the others). You can go ahead and put them in yours if you wish, it is just for fun anyway. :)

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Kind of like a fantasy football league?

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If I were to assemble a dream team to compete in Bald Cypress(Deciduous Trees) it would be John G and John G ;)

Grimmy

Edit: And another team consisting of bonsaibp and bonsaibp competing against each other.

They both ROCK, although I have not seen bonsaibp enter and win with a BC for a few years.

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
lol... cute... I'm not a big fan of insta-bonsai but I'd battle it out for peeps.

If I were putting together a team of non-professionals, I'd take me, Eric, Dav4. Rob, Al, Vance, Brain Van Fleet, sawgrass, and Thomas J. (If you don't know Thomas... you should... he's smokin hot good).

I wouldn't box people into types... I'd take the team and approach everything with the eye to what draws people to a particular piece. Inspiration trumps species... because with this group there isn't much they couldn't do. :cool:

I only left me in so there's a token chick... :p I only left Maria Kapra out because I consider him a professional... though he'd be a clincher. lol

V

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
Oh, the new avitar is of a new pot from Dan Barton from the UK. Loved his frog climbing in to the pot stuff so had him change it a bit for me to a toad....:)

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Oh, the new avitar is of a new pot from Dan Barton from the UK. Loved his frog climbing in to the pot stuff so had him change it a bit for me to a toad....:)

I was very curious about the toad! Very cool "custom" touch there!

Grimmy

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
I'll take Dorothy Schmitz. Category doesn't matter to me, and I doubt it does to her. I would like in on the cypress party though....

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'll take Dorothy Schmitz. Category doesn't matter to me, and I doubt it does to her. I would like in on the cypress party though....

yea Dorothy and Eric Schrader would make a great team, for anything.

Top Bottom