The Collected Unknown.

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Looks like magnolia?

Nevermind looks like its already been identified. Nice tree!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
aviary-image-1462411320704.jpeg

Got me a usable back branch started...
And a low sweller a pokey pokin.

Aaaahh!

Sorce

Last edited:

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ants in your pants and spiders in your hole.
I was talking to Leo. He said you hardly stop moving.
I kind of figured as much.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Never knew owls spun webs.

You know they're putting spider DNA in goats so they can milk them for silk?

The world Will be a crazy place when we harness the strength of spider webs.

But they'll use it for war instead of building earthquake/tornado proof homes...

Ah well...

Sorce

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hey,

Asking as more of a lesson to me, than criticism to you @sorce .
That short branch that has been chopped, right at top of the trunk, the top trunk chop. Shouldn't that branch have been left uncut, to act as a new leader?
Or am I right in thinking you potentially don't need or want a new leader because the trunk thickness is already good and don't need further?
Although I'm sure there's more a new leader does than simply trunk thickening...

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey,

Asking as more of a lesson to me, than criticism to you @sorce .
That short branch that has been chopped, right at top of the trunk, the top trunk chop. Shouldn't that branch have been left uncut, to act as a new leader?
Or am I right in thinking you potentially don't need or want a new leader because the trunk thickness is already good and don't need further?
Although I'm sure there's more a new leader does than simply trunk thickening...

I had to chop eveything down last fall to hide them from my landlord.
With the growing tip gone, I decided to chop it all the way, maybe for direction, maybe for division.
Dunno cuz this thing is kind of a Bitch the way it grows.

So the only lesson here...
Don't buy a dog that leads to pissing off the landlord that leads to them hating on your trees that leads to moving in with the in-laws that leads to Wyoming or New Zealand or some other shit-hole around here if I can't get my shit together....
Blah...blah...blah!

Sorce

Ceijay

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
You know they're putting spider DNA in goats so they can milk them for silk?

The world Will be a crazy place when we harness the strength of spider webs.

But they'll use it for war instead of building earthquake/tornado proof homes...

Ah well...

Sorce
They are researching new ways to use spider venom as new pain killer drugs too. They are suppose to be more effective and have less side effects.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I had to chop eveything down last fall to hide them from my landlord.
With the growing tip gone, I decided to chop it all the way, maybe for direction, maybe for division.
Dunno cuz this thing is kind of a Bitch the way it grows.

So the only lesson here...
Don't buy a dog that leads to pissing off the landlord that leads to them hating on your trees that leads to moving in with the in-laws that leads to Wyoming or New Zealand or some other shit-hole around here if I can't get my shit together....
Blah...blah...blah!

Sorce

Fair enough. Slightly unexpected reply to that question lol. Here I was expecting some masterful strategy and trick, but it's cos of your landlord...
The branch will still help the wound heal at least, so you got that going for you :).

They are researching new ways to use spider venom as new pain killer drugs too. They are suppose to be more effective and have less side effects.

I can imagine that..

"Doctor I'm in a lot of pain in my leg, please help!"

"Ok here" *throws spider at him*

"Ah crap! It bit me! Holy crap, that hurts, my leg is paralysed, I can't walk, ahhh!"

"So, I've a form to fill out here, your leg is no longer painful, is that correct?"

Reaction score
Spiderwire. 10 times the tensile strength of steel. About the same as spider silk.

"Do you use copper or aluminium?"

hqdefault.jpg

Top Bottom