The Tree Thread

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Alas thine Elm hath little substance, much like thy wit and respect for this time honoured thread. A fool who cannot troll is fool indeed. A Field Maple to show thee the way. Edit: thank you lol. View attachment 334032
You are too kind, Sir. I return the favor with solid advice how to improve this impoverished specimen. A little chop and begin, anew...
pp elm 1.JPG

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Field of beauty. Future shohin Japanese beautyberrys (Callicarpa japonica) in development.

That's a very interesting field, Sergio.
Please keep us updated!

I know this one was already posted, but now it's showing all those new light green spring leaves!

Satsuki Azalea 'Yata no Kagami' in a Sergio Onodera pot:

Satsuki.jpg

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
From Spring to Autumn. English elm changing colour.
View attachment 334774
Stunning colours, ive never been able to get such colours on my field elm. they usually turn black at the edges and fall off, most have fallen already. this one is usually the first to leaf out and first to drop. the remaining leaves look half decent.
going to be re arranging the low branches at the back...

the pot is a rare Japanese tokonome
20201015_162305.jpg20201015_162415.jpg

TomB

Omono
Reaction score
Stunning colours, ive never been able to get such colours on my field elm. they usually turn black at the edges and fall off, most have fallen already. this one is usually the first to leaf out and first to drop. the remaining leaves look half decent.
going to be re arranging the low branches at the back...

the pot is a rare Japanese tokonome
View attachment 334819View attachment 334820

Yeah, I know what you mean - my other two look more like yours.
That's a very special pot - handmade I presume - did you commission it specially? :)
Tree looks good though!

Attachments

• IMG_1410.jpeg
    IMG_1410.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 44

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
Tilia cordata with autumn colours. From pencil-thick nursery seedling.

DSC_2990.jpg

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Telperion Scots Pine. I need a larger backdrop! 🤣
B94DD978-4144-4701-821E-06A5B76A8997.jpeg

I removed wire that had bit in and thinned out the crotch needles on the upper growths to ensure the inner buds remain viable. I think this tree will need in arch grafting to resolve the long gaps without growths.

(The tree had severe pine needle rust when purchased, so the interior buds were lost)

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’ve finally committed to a front and design on this old yew I purchased in 2018. I further reduced the right trunk’s canopy after this photo.
DB706212-0822-4B2B-8B4A-1606111F8389.jpeg

I need to regrow the upper left branches and further reduce the right branches. This was a pretty significant reduction in foliage. The tree used to be over 4' wide.

Top Bottom