The Ultimate “Put Up or Shut Up” Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
The word I heard is WH was about to receive his shipment of bonsai stock today when a brawl ensued. The UPS driver was making his drop when WH asked the gentleman if he would help him design the bonsai stock for a contest of some sort. The driver replied that he had no experience and that WH should try getting help elsewhere. WH exploded into a rage, shouting pofanity while making rude gestures at the driver. The driver picked up the box, dumped the bonsai on the ground and planted the box on WH's head. Stay tuned for further info.

johng

Omono
Reaction score
I guess I should be honored...the Great Will Heath dissected my post and maybe answered some questions...lets see.

John, are you blind as well as daft? There have been takers posting openly and a couple that Pm'ed me, sadly none of the big mouths who have the most to lose.
Show me Will...Takers where??? Lie #1 As of 8pm this evening there are 5 posts...Three of which are yours, one I referred to already, and one by Irene... WHERE ARE ALL YOUR IMAGINERY CONTESTANTS WILL??

You're wrong, what I did do was to finally take out my glove and slap all you loud mouth, know nothing glitterati, across the face, not once but many times in this challenge. I also set it up so that besides proving once again that you guys are full of crap, something good comes of it....history shows that you glitterati have a very short memory span, hence the constant demands to see bonsai after they have been shown time and time again. Maybe putting your money where your mouth is will help your memory the next time.

Woops Lie#2 - you haven't shown anybody anything but your mouth... As we have said before about the trees you have shown...they suck Will..they are sticks in pots...please show something commensurate of your high and mighty ego????

There have been people interested in taking the challenge, as I said. Your Orwellian denials are beneath you.

Ban Shaukat? What the hell for? His opinion is welcome, please notice how two people can disagree respectfully? You should try it sometime. This may be above your capibility to understand, but people can actually disagree without insulting each other and other such ignorance.

While he may have said the same thing, he said it without insults, name calling, and whining.

I guess inferring that you are an emotional Tyrant is acceptable???

Pretend? Nope, sorry I am exactly what I have always said, a person with less than 5 years in bonsai who has contributed quite a bit to the community, a published author in three languages, and paid instructor. I have created the best on-line contests for bonsai ever that have set the standard for such contests, and I have helped bring together the most comprehensive collection of galleries and interviews on the web, as well as artistic articles, etc etc etc.

Yes, you keep questioning my contributions and I'll keep listing them.

:DYou are my hero Will Heath!!!

I tell them the same thing, they should go back and look because they will see every thread turns to flames exactly like this one did. Someone like yourself, comes in a starts trowing crap and then I respond to them. What pisses you off is that someone will stand up to your bull-crap and call it like it is, or that someone may be infringing on your self perceived claim of being the "Beginner Forum Internet King." WTF are you talking about...have you been drinking???...I know my place in Will's World) LMAO! Stand up to my Bull Crap???? I believe its you that started the bull crap Mr. Halo...put up or shut challenge...you are such a Joke...

Your warped attempt to place the world's problems on me is lame (You know I there is medications that may help you with these delisions??) and easily countered with the fact that I also post at IBC, IBF, Bsite, CB, AoB, KoB, TB, and other bonsai forums and none of this crap happens on any of them. Why? Because ignorant inciting crap like yours is not allowed on any of them. Do you really think the readers are so stupid as not to recognize this? Look at your own posts here John and answer the question as to who incites and who simple responds in defense? This may be hard for you to understand, I know it is for those I called by name in my challenge, intelligent discussion can be had without name calling and hissy fits.

Please point to one thread that has turned into a flame war that you were not a part of???

Here's a fact for you to consider, the internet bonsai community is a very, very small percentage of the bonsai community....so small that it is actually pretty unremarkable when compared to the average subscription base of any magazine. Most members of most clubs never go on-line, most experienced artists do not participate, and those that do so usually do so for commercial reasons. So, your crap reaches the minority and is basically meaningless in the big picture. I have been hearing the same crap from the same people for almost five years, do you think it has affected me at all? Bring it on, it does no harm at all, it hasn't stopped me and it certainly hasn't slowed me down any. On the contrary, it motivates me, so if you think you are gaining something with your lies and denials, you are once again, sadly mistaken.

You act like I have some big noble agenda in the world of Internet...you are the one that is sadly mistaken...you are the only one with an agenda...

Another lie. I may have mentioned this twice, but it is brought up the most by others such as Brent. Always trying to blame it on someone else...you've mentioned it twice in this thread Lie #??? crap, I forgot

Oh...let's see....just what every other bonsai forum does, stop name calling, insults, flame starting and guide the discussion to the actual subject matter. This forum has the reputation of a fight forum, because such stupidity is allowed.
IF your not man enough to take it leave...you can play with your friend's in Will's World

I already created the best contests on-line already, thank you. It is a shame you don't understand sarcasm when you read it: The one that would be best suited for our purposes is the KoB Progressive Styling Contest, I'll be in it this year, so all you "internet gurus" that are back peddling away from this challenge and making excuses, can have at it there, but I'm not holding my breath, those I called out by name in this challenge very seldom ever will expose themselves to public scrutiny. ) And, just as a side note I am the only one in this dicussion that has ever even entered one of these contests. ...so I guess that makes you no better than any of these other folks you keep challenging.

The KoB contest is all based on talent and ability, it is judged by three world renowned judges, and is open to all. All the big mouths can go against me in the raw stock category.

The sad part is that nothing will go to the good cause by waiting for the KoB contest, but, if that is what it takes, so be it, I'll be in it anyhow, with or without the big mouths. You make the rules so I am sure you can easily arrange to win your own contest...I'd appect nothing less from you:)

And the lies and twisting of truths keep on coming....no one said anything about going away, what the challenge was is for loud mouth fools to either put up or shut up, making excuses just doesn't cut it John. Take the challenge or shut up, your excuses make you look like a cry baby.

I think you are still holding a gudge John, http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1421 - OK..I will admit it...that was nothing but pure Will bait and you bought it hook line and sinker:) You are ever the professional Will:)

I think I am going with Boondock on this....Thanks buddy!

16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif

Go play in Will's World

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Jason,

The same rules have been into effect for years at AoB and at KoB. We define a professional as follows:

The two main categories are professional and non-professional. If you have ever been paid for a demonstration, workshop, or a class, then you are a professional. If you have never been paid for a demonstration, workshop, or class, you are a non-professional. For the sake of clarity, if you own and/or operate a bonsai business or nursery, you are a professional.

In your case, your posts in the past have made it perfectly clear that you collect and sell trees, you have even said how you have sold trees to some of the big names in bonsai. This is a business.

Certainly someone with your talents wouldn't want to take unfair advantage of the non-professionals, would you?

Step up Jason and go head to head with me. ;)

Now, instead of discussing the KoB contest here, can we get back to the subject? You can post any complaints you have at KoB and the editorial staff will consider them.

Will

So, by the rules I am a non professional. I sell tree for OregonBonsai, and I am not paid with money for doing so. Cool.

I posted some recent work on Als thread where he called people out.:cool:

John, I entered one of the contests about 2 years ago and I am sure at some point in the future I might do another one....who knows?

Jason

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I talked to a couple of people before posting this challenge and told them that not a single person who has claimed I don't do bonsai would accept, I also said that all we would see is pages and pages of excuses and personal attacks. I was right, but it was so predictable that anyone could have called it.

So, we will see if any of the people I called out by name will enter the judged and acclaimed KoB contest this year and go head to head with me and others who "actually create bonsai." My prediction is that they will keep on flapping their jaws but never dare to put their words to the test.

This thread has served its purpose, not a single loud mouth has stepped forward, so I'll leave this thread to them, they can take turns making excuses and tossing mud.

Meanwhile, to continue with what I set out to do, raise some money for a good cause.....Tomorrow I will put up for auction a memento from the First National Exhibit that was held in New York last year. I was there and acquired a nice souvenir of which there are only two in existence. period. I am in possession of one and I will auction it off, to follow in the footsteps of the other benefit auctions by Andy Smith and Ron Lang, all proceeds will go to William Valavanis.

This auction will be held at AoB to prevent the usual stupidity that was seen in this thread. I'll post a link when the auction starts.

Until then, tell each other your excuses, all that matters is that no one accepted the challenge, a lot of talking and complaining, but no one was willing to put up.

Typical,

Will

Boondock

Shohin
Reaction score
so you knew exactly what would happen if you did this, and did it anyway?

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" Albert Einstein

Popcorn.gif

Last edited:

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
will heath is so annoying that even if he ever did contribute to bonsai society his egotism and delusions of grandeur completely overpower any of his "accomplishments" therefore its best if he would just simply just shut the hell up. :D

BonsaiWes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yawn,

Yet another off topic, meaningless Will bash from Boondock, who's own history is reflected here, jumping in and trying to incite another fight with his personal, extremely biased opinions. I won't bother to respond to all this mindless drivel, but I will address a few attempts to rewrite history.

I was banned from gardenweb and sent to Disney land for promoting a contest I was managing at BT. I was quickly reinstated. I was banned from BT ( a badge of honor) and from bchat (not missing it).

These lies won';t fly boonie, the fact is the incites, name calling, insults, baiting posts I RESPOND to here are not allowed on other forums, hence no fuel....no fire. Only here can you get away with such crap....this is easy to prove, go on, post your post above on any other forum, try IBC, IBF, BSite, anyhwere....the fact is, you'd be warned and then banned if you continued.

That is the simple truth.

More lies. The truth is that after they banned me and a half dozen experienced members, I sent them a email asking that all my posts, articles, and contributions be removed from the site. This letter is commonly called a cease and desist. They complied. I contributed a lot there and I certainly wasn't going to let them benefit from it after their mass ban.

And you're right, after this banning "BonsiaChat never recovered."

Here's a quote for you that will piss you off....

"BonsaiChat is appropriately named, it is mostly by and for chat persons. Sometimes I call it the birthday forum since it seems that most of the energy goes into congratulating members on having survived another year. The only time this group put out some good serious work was when Will was stirring the pot."

Care to take a guess as to who said this?

Of that, you can be sure.

Will

The answer is Brent from Evergreen Gardenworks.

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Guys - seriously - don't you have something better to do with your time? Neither group cares about what the other has to say and each is only arguing their viewpoint over and over so why don't you all give it a rest? Focus on what you can build in this forum, not what (or who) you can tear down. Or as my mom used to say, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all...

PeterW

Sapling
Reaction score
Guys - seriously - don't you have something better to do with your time? Neither group cares about what the other has to say and each is only arguing their viewpoint over and over so why don't you all give it a rest? Focus on what you can build in this forum, not what (or who) you can tear down. Or as my mom used to say, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all...

Ahhhh.....finally!

johng

Omono
Reaction score

Thank Bnut,
This is not my normal character and there are many that can attest to that but I sent Will a PM saying exactly the same thing about 2 years ago. He responded that he knew exactly what he was doing and in this particular case his only intention was to destroy/make a fool of Chris. I realize I am carrying this on at my own expense but I am only giving him a taste of his own medicine. I quit posting anything a couple months ago but after I read this bull crap I had to come back just to needle my friend.

I worked on 16 trees this weekend and would love to post the results but honestly Greg, until Will is gone from here you won't see anymore of my trees on this forum. Ban me if you must but we both know that will not solve the problem. Sorry...that is just the way it is.
I trust you know exactly how to fix this problem...who knows with him gone people might actually start posting again instead coming here to rubberneck...is that really your intentions for this forum. I suspect not.

Thanks,
John

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
Part 2

Silly Willy managed to cut two holes in the box for sight only to make his way to the auto with bonsai stock in hand. He remembered Home Deposit was giving bonsai lessons in the Garden Center and maybe he could receive some help with his project. In town everyone knows 'slick willy' for his rather interesting auto paint job. On the sides of the doors are portraits of himself with the ever present 'halo'. And on the back in rather large letters is written "Ego Sum Lux Mundi". This translates to "I am the only light of the world"
I am working on my tree today and will show finished presentation here for review.

Last edited:

Jay Wilson

Shohin
Reaction score
I was gone from here for about a year because the Will Heath show was such a turn-off. Months and months went by with very little activity until some newcomers to this forum tried to get things started again.

As soon as things showed signs of bonsai activity, Will had to jump back in with more episodes of the WH show.
I know, he only responds, but every fight thread has only one common denominator....... At least in this thread, he admitted knowing his posting would only start a fight. Here's one fight you did incite, Will.

Bonsainut had the makings of a good bonsai forum in the beginning, lots of experienced people posting etc. The WH show has caused virtualy all of them to turn off the channel, and some of them seem to have turned off the tv altogether.

Will, you have done a lot for bonsai in general. How about doing something for all the people who want to have a nice neighborhood bonsai forum.

Take the Will Heath show somewhere else.

I know my trees and I aren't much of a contribution to B'nut, but I'll try for another post or two to keep the bonsai going. The next time the WH show comes on though, I'm out of here.

Edit:The tree here is a red maple (Acer rubrum) It was coming along as an OK little tree 'till the neighbors bull stepped on it and took out the right side.

Attachments

• P2130109.jpg
    P2130109.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank Bnut,
This is not my normal character and there are many that can attest to that but I sent Will a PM saying exactly the same thing about 2 years ago. He responded that he knew exactly what he was doing and in this particular case his only intention was to destroy/make a fool of Chris. I realize I am carrying this on at my own expense but I am only giving him a taste of his own medicine. I quit posting anything a couple months ago but after I read this bull crap I had to come back just to needle my friend.

I worked on 16 trees this weekend and would love to post the results but honestly Greg, until Will is gone from here you won't see anymore of my trees on this forum. Ban me if you must but we both know that will not solve the problem. Sorry...that is just the way it is.
I trust you know exactly how to fix this problem...who knows with him gone people might actually start posting again instead coming here to rubberneck...is that really your intentions for this forum. I suspect not.

Thanks,
John

In reply, you freely admit that you came in this thread only to cause problems, you have also admitted in an earlier post that you are attempting to incite. And yet, somehow I am to blame?

Get real.

I have put people on my ignore list, please people, feel free to use this great feature. When someone proves that they have absolutely nothing to offer, I add them and "poof" they're gone.

Easy, simple, and effective.

For all you people who claim they would rather be talking about bonsai....what the hell is stopping you?

Is jumping in on the latest Will bash so much more important? You whine and complain about no real bonsai discussion, but you yourself are posting flames, insults, and other garbage. So who is to blame? Do what you claim you want instead of proving that you would much rather be in these flame wars.

If you're not part of the solution, you mare part of the problem.

Lead by example, or just shut up.

Will

Last edited:

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
So do you have the courage to put you money where your mouth is, to put your words up to the test? I’m talking to you, Chris Johnston, Al Keppler, Irene_b, King Kong, TheSteve, JasonG, cquinn, mojosan, buddamonk, others? Do you have what you claim I need?

Will[/QUOTE]

Let me see if I understand this Silly Willy, you call people out, question their courage, then you run in the closet so you don't have to hear from them again?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not so much beating a dead horse as trying to swat the flies still circling around it. ;)

Will

Last edited:

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
I talked to a couple of people before posting this challenge and told them that not a single person who has claimed I don't do bonsai would accept, I also said that all we would see is pages and pages of excuses and personal attacks. I was right, but it was so predictable that anyone could have called it.

So, we will see if any of the people I called out by name will enter the judged and acclaimed KoB contest this year and go head to head with me and others who "actually create bonsai." My prediction is that they will keep on flapping their jaws but never dare to put their words to the test.

This thread has served its purpose, not a single loud mouth has stepped forward, so I'll leave this thread to them, they can take turns making excuses and tossing mud.

Meanwhile, to continue with what I set out to do, raise some money for a good cause.....Tomorrow I will put up for auction a memento from the First National Exhibit that was held in New York last year. I was there and acquired a nice souvenir of which there are only two in existence. period. I am in possession of one and I will auction it off, to follow in the footsteps of the other benefit auctions by Andy Smith and Ron Lang, all proceeds will go to William Valavanis.

This auction will be held at AoB to prevent the usual stupidity that was seen in this thread. I'll post a link when the auction starts.

Until then, tell each other your excuses, all that matters is that no one accepted the challenge, a lot of talking and complaining, but no one was willing to put up.

Typical,

Will

Has anyone considered that Bill might have homeowner's insurance, and that if he included his possessions in the policy as well he's probably going to be okay. I understand the charity, and I think it's great but if the insurance value of the house is up there he might end up on the sunny side.

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Has anyone considered that Bill might have homeowner's insurance, and that if he included his possessions in the policy as well he's probably going to be okay. I understand the charity, and I think it's great but if the insurance value of the house is up there he might end up on the sunny side.

Bill is a smart man, I am sure he had homeowners insurance, which I know most lenders require, and I am sure he had business insurance that probably covered quite a few things. I am sure he lost several items that just can't be replaced and with all the bs of dealing with a home fire it will probably take him many moons to recover fully, aside from financially.

It is very sad with what happened to him and his family, and I wish them the best. Like JohnG suggested, I will get my first subscription to his magazine and also order the book from the convention.

Ok, now back to the slug fest, lol!!

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom