Updated my JBP PDF

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Decandling before and after around July 5, and a shot after the rain last night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 194

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Shot after fall needle pulling and light pruning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 191

Skinnygoomba

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Gorgeous! Also, Thanks for your help and suggestions on my pines.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So, have your summer candles hardened off? Mine haven't yet. I'm still waiting for trees I decandled last summer to work on them. If they weren't decandled, I can work them now.

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
So, have your summer candles hardened off? Mine haven't yet. I'm still waiting for trees I decandled last summer to work on them. If they weren't decandled, I can work them now.
They have. I think the not-too-hot summer helped things along in July and August, because its definitely ahead of schedule by 4-5 weeks.

I worked the JBP that weren't candle-pruned a couple weeks ago. Still have one corker to address. It's pretty dense on the outside, not all that inspiring, and not even my tree...so we'll see if I get motivated to work on it this year.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Wow! It still looks really thick, even after decandling!

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Yeah, it's getting pretty dense and could stand some pruning this fall. One of my students did the candle-cutting on it this year, and we didn't pluck many needles...definitely could have done more.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
N/A
Brian, I bought your book online, but I can't open it on my iPad. I've posted a query with customer support but if you know of any tricks please let me know.

Cheers

Andrew

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Brian, I bought your book online, but I can't open it on my iPad. I've posted a query with customer support but if you know of any tricks please let me know.

Cheers

Andrew
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I have no idea what would be causing it. It works fine on my iPad; other than the 2-page at a time formatting, which is enough to never use that publisher again.

Barry

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Brian I bought your book also. It won't download. the link brings me to a blank webpage.

Barry

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
H Brian,

I bought it through Blurb. It wouldn't download on my phone or iPad, both linked to a blank page. I did manage to get the pdf on my mac.

Top Bottom