Voluntary Fund-Raising

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nothing happens when I click on the donate button, no error message, no nothin'... will try again tonight/tomorrow from a different device. Thanks for this site

Barry

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
no error message, looks like a dead link (using safari on a mac)- it did work fine last year

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The link was broken for me in Chrome on OSX but worked in Safari on iOS.

Reactions: GGB

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The link was broken for me in Chrome on OSX but worked in Safari on iOS.

What the heck!?

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I have gone to PayPal's site and they don't have any solutions. The code they provide is "drag and drop" and should work. I have audited it myself, line by line, and it "should" work. I have no idea what the problem is, and neither do they. There are other site owners that are having the same issues, and no one knows what the problem is.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Google Chrome was preventing me, and I asked my Brother-in-Law - Khaimraj Seepersad
to try through Fire Fox.
Let me know if you got it Bnut.
Good Day
Anthony

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Let me know if you got it Bnut.

Yes I received it, thank you! I was trying to figure out who he was :) I have been sending out a thank you note with each donation, so if you received a thank you note it is confirmation that I received the donation.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
It's that time of year again when I write big checks for hosting and software. BonsaiNut is a free site and access will remain free. If you feel like contributing to the cause, you can hit the "support us" button on the Home Page of the site.

Several of you donated at the end of 2016, and it was greatly appreciated! You are not forgotten!

Also... support our advertisers if you see a product ad that interests you!

Why would I support BonsaiNut?...

1/ Firstly because I find great posts, examples, advice, tips, and I am grateful to all those who post here

2/ Secondly because I can say what I feel about bonsai (and most of the time I'm civilized when posting about another member's tree) without being kicked away because I'm not a professional, or I'm an "illiterate" (never been to a bonsaï school)

3/ Thirdly, because I find it rather fun to confront people in the "Tea House" without being censored, even when I've hit the bottle and I'm ranting about anything that would be the least of my concerns when back to the real world.

But I enjoy fencing with a good conversationalist that doesn't have the same life experience : what I like here is "Freddom of Speech" (what I don't like is of course those who don't share the same values as mine, like "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity", but they do have a say too.

Even here, unfortunately, it's not that clear for many people, including very good friends of mine.

OK, will 10€ will be enough for an outsider to keep B-nut flying?

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
OK, will 10€ will be enough for an outsider to keep B-nut flying?

Every bit helps. For the first 8 years I was personally underwriting the site pretty heavily. I don't mind working for free, but when it was actually costing me money to maintain the site it was a bit of a downer.

However I want to make sure that people feel welcome here - and part of that welcome is that I never want to pressure people to donate money. If you are able to, and feel like it, great. I know we have a lot of members who don't have a lot of free cash, and I don't want anyone to feel "guilty" if they come here and don't donate.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The link just worked fine for me on chrome again. Apparently my $40 knock off brand tablet had abilities that my $1,200 work computer didn't

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Make a donation or if for some reason that doesn't work take the time to find two interesting ads per visit and click on them. Invest just a minute or two and you might find something that you would like to purchase but in the same time you help support this site. Now that is a Win-Win!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you see this ad....QuickMemo+_2017-03-06-13-05-07.png

Click it!

Great Colander material, sieves, make your own giant sifter material, a garden section with japanese beetle netting...

Food grade plastics....etc...

Great place.

Sorce

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
@sparklemotion everyone else, with Bnut upgrading, let's all kick in a few coppers. If you spend any time here, it should be worth something, right? I just kicked in $10 it's all I have at the moment but it's a start. Oh and if the links don't work on chrome (which they still are not for me) Firefox works fine.

Gary McCarthy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@sparklemotion everyone else, with Bnut upgrading, let's all kick in a few coppers. If you spend any time here, it should be worth something, right? I just kicked in $10 it's all I have at the moment but it's a start. Oh and if the links don't work on chrome (which they still are not for me) Firefox works fine.
DONE!

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
LOL I didn't see this post until just now. Thank you to people who have donated. It means a lot. I normally do a polite voluntary fund-raising drive in January... during software upgrade season :)

Top Bottom