What have done for the bonsai community this week?

BonsaiNinja

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Oh yeah!

....oh! and I gave a small tree to my godson for his baptism. He's too young to appreciate it, but when he gets older, he should have a nice young tree, especially since he is too young to play with it and kill it like i do all mine.

not on purpose of course.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
3b
Out of respect to the Swedish Jantelagen I would like to share what someone has done for me.

Ron Martin took the time to give advice on a collected spruce of mine, despite the hardships he is going through at the moment.

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Bravo Will! You have been a busy man ......

Graydon my guess is he drinks a lot of Starbucks ..... Sumatra has the biggest caffine kick for my buck ( actually two bucks) :)

Last edited:

Gnome

Mame
Reaction score
While this was last spring not last week, here is a picture of my nephew and niece and two Privets that I have given them as sort of trainer plants. My nephew helped me pretty regularly last summer, he really seems to enjoy it.

Norm

Attachments

• E&S.jpg
    E&S.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In a few years, these children will be teaching us. Imagine being introduced to bonsai at that age, with those wonderful open minds, where the seeds planted today will be the show stoppers of tomorrow.

Introducing youth to bonsai, in my opinion, is the single most important thing anyone can do for the art of bonsai.

Will

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
In a few years, these children will be teaching us. Imagine being introduced to bonsai at that age, with those wonderful open minds, where the seeds planted today will be the show stoppers of tomorrow.

Introducing youth to bonsai, in my opinion, is the single most important thing anyone can do for the art of bonsai.

Will

It's an important thing you can do for the youth as well.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's an important thing you can do for the youth as well.

True.

At the end of each day I go home to my five year old daughter, who thinks I'm superman, and we always work in a little bonsai time together.

I have taken her to a few club meetings, at one she was asked to go up in front of the crowd and answer questions about her mames, one of which she brought to the meeting.

At our last meeting, I brought her and a couple of my Shohin that needed to have wire removed. many of the members sat in awe as she took the wire cutters and completely removed the wire from two bonsai....at five years old.

Now that, my friends, is bonsai.

Will

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
That my friend is a cute kid---smart too.

Top Bottom