Where Oh Where has our BT Gone

Reaction score
USDA Zone
They most likely thought you were me. ;) Wouldn't be the first time someone was banned for suspision of being me....oh wait, wrong forum, I'm a member there, sorry. :)

Will

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
According to Vance, it was probably the arabs that had something to do with it.......:eek:

Ciao,
Harry

If you are going to quote me get it right, I did not say Arabs I said Islam. Not all Muslims are Arabs, actually most of them are Asian. The politically active ones are of Mid East desent though.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
They most likely thought you were me. ;) Wouldn't be the first time someone was banned for suspision of being me....oh wait, wrong forum, I'm a member there, sorry. :)

Will

Yah Will, that forum seems to have banned itself? Maybe they thought they were Will.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
If you are going to quote me get it right, I did not say Arabs I said Islam. Not all Muslims are Arabs, actually most of them are Asian. The politically active ones are of Mid East desent though.

I'm the one that said arabs.....

Harry

cantstopsmilin

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8/9
Is anyone else having trouble getting on to BT still... it still says the server is busy everytime i try.. what am i doing wrong

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Is anyone else having trouble getting on to BT still... it still says the server is busy everytime i try.. what am i doing wrong

Your are kicking a dead horse, the lights are on but nobody's home, the sight is outa' sight, it's in the twilight zone, and just flat out not working----still.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
It's working fine for me, I wondered why no one else is posting but a couple of us.You guys must be doing something wrong.

Harry

Marc S

Yamadori
Reaction score
Marc it looks like they have erased ALL of your old posts !!! At least I couldn't find any that used to be in threads I started. Why did you get banned ?

Well, someone whose nickname is the name of a big fish (http://www.tankedup-imaging.com/images/grouper3.jpg) presented a tree. I posted a comment and made a virtual about how I saw the tree. There was nothing rude about the comment, just my opinion.
The big fish started insulting me (and not only me, also some other guys who gave their opinion on one of his trees in the past). I asked "did I say something wrong?" and said that apparently some people can't take any criticism, and asked for his apologies.
I gave a comment on another tree, and said that as it looked now, it came close to a stick in a pot and needed some restyling. That's all.
Before I knew, I was banned, without explanation...

They erased all my posts from three years? OMG, the big fish wanted to swallow me.:eek:

Last edited:

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Marc,

as I see you come from Belgium. You apparently don't know that it is absolutely not correct to say the truth in America bluntly as long as it is negative. You just cannot openly criticize. Sounds like a joke? Well, I have paid my dues.
The big problem is that all these forums want to be international but force the users to accept the American code of behavior. They have no clue that Europeans find this VERY strange. We are used to all sorts of different cultural clashes and accept them as a fact of life. I suppose I don't have to tell a Belgian.

Last edited:

Marc S

Yamadori
Reaction score
Marc,

as I see you come from Belgium. You apparently don't know that it is absolutely not correct to say the truth in America bluntly as long as it is negative. You just cannot openly criticize. Sounds like a joke? Well, I have paid my dues.
The big problem is that all these forums want to be international but force the users to accept the American code of behavior. They have no clue that Europeans find this VERY strange. We are used to all sorts of different cultural clashes and accept them as a fact of life. I suppose I don't have to tell a Belgian.

Hmm Walter, no I didn't know. I don't think I was blunt or rude ...
But it doesn't justify the erasing of pics and posts from three years, and a ban without explanation.
That's blunt and mean.
Anyway, thanks for the advice, it's good to know.
I found this article, which is really good IMO: http://www.artofbonsai.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3088

Last edited:

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Marc are you confusing sites? BonsaiTalk has been down for a month. Didn't you just get banned from another site?

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Over generalizing

Marc,

The last couple of posts I have seen from you (here and on another thread) have been wide strokes of generalizing people groups, whether religious or american. I am both....and I have not once fit into your generalized opinions of these two groups. I know who you are in the bonsai community and still respect your work.....HOWEVER you and your statements are another story entirely. You only hurt your reputation when you behave this way by over generalizing and lumping EVERYONE into your black and white definitions of who you think they are.

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Ryan,

again you shoot the messenger. I only tell what is a fact not widely known among many Americans. You are a perfect example for this. To understand what I wrote means understanding many things that happen on the forums. Your reaction is typical of this kind of thing that I am describing. You just don't understand cultural differences and you seem to apply American code of behavior onto all cultures. In Europe most folks say what they think. To do otherwise would be something like lying to them. How about this?

pauldogx

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Unfortunately Walter is totally correct and it is going to be a huge impediment to advancing American Bonsai.

Asus101

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ryan,

again you shoot the messenger. I only tell what is a fact not widely known among many Americans. You are a perfect example for this. To understand what I wrote means understanding many things that happen on the forums. Your reaction is typical of this kind of thing that I am describing. You just don't understand cultural differences and you seem to apply American code of behavior onto all cultures. In Europe most folks say what they think. To do otherwise would be something like lying to them. How about this?

Yup its the same in Australia. Too much sugar coating the obvious. I make bad bonsai I wanna know about it, and ways to fix it (besides the over used "trunk chop it")...

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Arrogant Americans, always thinking they need to impose their culture on others!

Sorry.. but that's good stuff coming from a guy from Germany regarding an art mostly associated with Japan. :D

Top Bottom