A Score, Maybe?

John, did you mostly employ clip and grow on these?
Thanks

I love seeing these big yaupon holly's. They are so plentiful in the woods around here they are literally everywhere. If all I could have were just Yaupon and BC I'd be happy.
The last one I got was also a really old and large landscape Yaupon that probably no human had touched for at least the last 10 years, I wonder why it didn't revert back to a tall leggy plant in that time? as they are typically more tree like than bush like in the fields around here. It was still looking like a hedge type plant, very compact like a box wood or something.

Great job! I have one about the same size. Like yours, it's really ramified. Mine seems to be a male plant also......... no berries in 4 years. I have a much smaller one that is full of berries.

Great trees. Awesome job with the progression. How long do you leave wire on typically for branches to hold?

Great job! I have one about the same size. Like yours, it's really ramified. Mine seems to be a male plant also......... no berries in 4 years. I have a much smaller one that is full of berries.
I hope to bring this one in even tighter, gonna see what I get with the trim

I find, with this kind of tree, I forget most of the classic bonsai guidelines and just get the foliage pulled down and more evenly distributed.

Back
Top Bottom