Collected Hawthorn History

Dermot

Yamadori
Reaction score
Amazing tree and a truly brilliant thread. I just collected 3 large Hawthorns in the last few weeks so hoping some I implement some of the techniques in the coming years.

Corrado

Mame
Reaction score
Fantastic looking Hawthorne!!! JOb well done. I hope someone with hawthorne experience can explain the best way to get them to flower. Ive been working with hawthorne for a long time and wearing out waiting!! YEs keep t he roots undisturbed longer. YEs let new growth grow till nearly hardened off and then prune back .Full sun. But what else? We need the fine details!! (my avatar of a Washington Hawthorne) LOL

dbonsaiw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Trees like this incentivize me to keep working through the seemingly incessant bumps in the bonsai road. Really nice tree.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
The bastard still refuses to flower huh.. I think he could do it just fine, but is a evil tree and wont let you win xD

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Very nice Brian. What model is that again? Is it collected?

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Talk about a harbinger of spring... and I've got 6 inches of frozen slush in my yard, so I really needed this update! The right side of the canopy is filling in nicely :) .

ps... I miss seeing one of these on my bench...

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
Agreed. Nice to see signs of spring. She peaked out for a brief second about a week ago and now old man winter (hopefully in his last gasps) has just taken a big dump on me.image.jpg

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Well, I didn’t end up repotting it last year, but did a deep soji instead. This year, the roots were a solid mass and it took a while to break it down. Probably removed 3/4 and got it situated back in the same pot.
View attachment 532248View attachment 532249View attachment 532251View attachment 532250View attachment 532252
I like you repotting table Brian. Unique and very useable it looks like. Is there a garbage can under the hole?
PS: what does soji mean?

Top Bottom