Edit Posts?

KingJades

Shohin
Reaction score
Looks like the ability to edit posts expires after a few hours. Is there any reason not to allow people to edit posts forever?

This would allow people to show progression posts much more easily since they can go back later and edit the initial posts to show updates.

Would also make sales much easier since I can list 50 trees and remove them as I sell rather than just showing a list that's months old.

Just a thought. :)

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This would allow people to show progression posts much more easily since they can go back later and edit the initial posts to show updates.
Just reply to update posts.
Would also make sales much easier since I can list 50 trees and remove them as I sell rather than just showing a list that's months old.
As you sell them just reply to the thread saying which tree you sold.

KingJades

Shohin
Reaction score
Proof read?
The irony is that he edited his post to fix that. :) Good thing he caught it in the first few hours or he would have been stuck with it per the topic of this conversation and everyone would wonder why he called me that. FOREVER.

@M. Frary : The reason why having the ability to edit posts would be helfpul in a sales thread is that the TOP post could always list the trees available rather than constantly creating new posts or adding trees in later posts.

I bought and sold collectibles on forums like this for years. At any time, I'd have 500 items listed. Being able to know what's available immediately and trusting it makes the whole sales thing go much more smoothly.

Other great uses:
@sorce 's contest could let people post their "before" pics now, and then edit them to add in the after pics. Lots of people are eager to post their before pics, but they'll break the rules if they do.
Threads would actually be shorter since people wouldn't need to add new posts to add new photos and relevant information an original poster forgot to include originally can be added to the original content that people read.
People wouldn't have to read an entire thread to know what's happening since relevant info can always be stated in first posting.

Lastly, what's the harm of allowing people to edit?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
what's the harm of allowing people to edit?

There's a thing called....

"Pulling a Smoke"

Where you go back and bring up every idiot thing someone said and call BS on the whole string!

You can't "pull a Smoke" if you can edit stuff....

Arguments...:eek:....
Haha..
Wouldn't make sense! :confused:

Ha!

Sorce

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Some people went back and edited all their posts ruining lots of threads.
This

Some people got their panties in a wad about something and decided to remove all the "valuable" info they had posted here to punish everyone for not worshiping them...
Or something like that. It did not go well. Happened at least twice that I recall.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pulling a Smoke
I never want to be accused of that. Pulling on Smoke is beyond my pay grade. Talk about needing to wear proper PPE! Probably need the Gorton Fishermans outfit. With added goggles and mask!
Oh wait a minute. You said pulling a Smoke. Phew!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I know this is an old thread but...

It is a common form of forum abuse to post some controversial content, and then go back after some period of time and edit or delete it. For people who do things like this, if you keep the edit window within a reasonable time frame, you minimize the abuse.

If for some reason you REALLY need to edit or change something, just send me a note. If it is a legitimate request, I have no problem going in and editing things.

Top Bottom