Escambron - totally underutilized native tropical

JuniperSol

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Have one arriving this week, look forward to trying out this species! Hear they grow so fast you shouldn't stand too close to them
They grow SUPER fast! Only down side is they grow fast and straight. I have mine in full sun and it still grows in a straight line. Oh well, wiring practice galore! Example in the picture (this one grew in full sun in Florida and it’s still straight growth lol).B06FDEBE-E624-487E-AF48-452D696BE2E0.jpeg

Benjofen

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
They grow SUPER fast! Only down side is they grow fast and straight. I have mine in full sun and it still grows in a straight line. Oh well, wiring practice galore! Example in the picture (this one grew in full sun in Florida and it’s still straight growth lol).

I was a little concerned because the tree was defoliated in the most of the pictures so I reached out to the seller. Didn't want a stressed tree making the long journey. Turns out it was defoliated two weeks prior but the picture where it was totally overgrown was the current pic. The growth in just 2 weeks blew my mind.

JuniperSol

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I was a little concerned because the tree was defoliated in the most of the pictures so I reached out to the seller. Didn't want a stressed tree making the long journey. Turns out it was defoliated two weeks prior but the picture where it was totally overgrown was the current pic. The growth in just 2 weeks blew my mind.
Who did you buy your Escambron(s) from?

Benjofen

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Who did you buy your Escambron(s) from?
Won a fb auction. Looks like it's from "Emblem Bonsai" in FL I've noticed they've put several of these up for auction the last few weeks

JuniperSol

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Won a fb auction. Looks like it's from "Emblem Bonsai" in FL I've noticed they've put several of these up for auction the last few weeks
Ah ok. He has some cool stuff. I think right now is pruning/defoliating time for Tropical climates, at least that's the trend I've been seeing.

Benjofen

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I think you're right. Something like this is their exiting high-summer dormancy time of year.

Top Bottom