Escambron

Boshia

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Yesterday I headed to D&L Nursery to check it out and hopefully get a better beginning bonsai besides the mallsai I picked up. Beautiful place, next time I go I'll see if I can get some pics. Anyways, I ended up picking out this little guy. No idea how old it is, but from searching the forums they don't seem to be very widespread. I plan on trimming off some of the length on some of the lankier branches when it comes time to work on it, but besides that I have no clue on what to do.
001_zpsb3d9be0b.jpg

006_zpsa6db5302.jpg

007_zps86e6ebca.jpg

008_zpsb6703a60.jpg

Bob O

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Great potential! The only thing I know about their culture is they like full sun and don't like to be dry.

Bob O

Boshia

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Yes, that is basically what I've learned too. Linda from D&L also said to bring it in under 50 F. Do you have any suggestions on what to do for this tree? Any guidance at all would be appreciated.

QuintinBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If this were mine I'd make cuts at the red marks. The lowest forked branch is a definite issue. You never want to have two branches coming from the same notch. Keep one or the other. It's a nice looking tree. Lots of twiggy growth everywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.JPG
    IMG_0158.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 20
Top Bottom