Hoping someone w/ Daconil(imidacloprid) and/or Bayer's 3-in-1 pesticides could be kind enough to give me the instructions...

SU2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I was gifted like 80% of the bottles of both products from a friend who'd had them collecting dust in their shed for ages and I'd taken pictures of the labels but somehow lost them (unsure how but I've spent >15min searching and had to give-up)

I looked on google for their labels and had no luck... I want to do a full-on, garden-wide application because I'm getting hit hard by worms (both the ones that stick leaves together so they can make those webs, and the ones that burrow through the centers of the leaves- am starting to wonder if they're not related to each other, as I've got enough affected areas that I'm noticing a proximity between the two, like one side/area of a tree will have both while the other areas are clean) Problem is, I only have un-marked bottles holding these chemicals (to be clear it's the Bayer 3-in-1 pest/disease/insect product, not the weed&feed one, I think there's two versions of this product!)

Would be incredibly grateful if anyone who's got either/both of these products would be kind enough to let me know what the label says, I don't need anything more than dilution rates and whether application is only a soil-drench or should be a canopy application as well, thanks in advance to anyone who may be in a spot to do this for me!!!

Appreciate anything on this one a lot, happy gardening guys!!

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
No labels sounds sketchy..I’ve used bayer spray that wasn’t diluted on foliage, but there are more than one kind. Shelf life should also be a consideration, especially if the labels have worn..
I may not fully understand the situation, but rolling dice on pesticides that aren’t too expensive new seems...yea, sketchy
A lot of folks use daconil around here

CamdenJim

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Daconil concentrate: 2.25 tsp. to 3 Tbs. to a gallon of water for ornamentals. Mix and spray. Here's the label -- more info.
DaconilLabel.jpg

Reactions: SU2

SU2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
No labels sounds sketchy..I’ve used bayer spray that wasn’t diluted on foliage, but there are more than one kind. Shelf life should also be a consideration, especially if the labels have worn..
I may not fully understand the situation, but rolling dice on pesticides that aren’t too expensive new seems...yea, sketchy
A lot of folks use daconil around here

Nothing sketchy I assure you, I was helping someone move their stuff and they had a box of gardening stuff they didn't use, they let me pour-out a good amount (like the majority - they wanted to keep some 'in case they got back into gardening' lol) so I've got the product, it was stored indoors, it's solid I just don't have labels and google isn't helping me :/

SU2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Daconil concentrate: 2.25 tsp. to 3 Tbs. to a gallon of water for ornamentals. Mix and spray. Here's the label -- more info.
View attachment 187845

Fantastic thank you!!! Will be able to get a start with this ;) Am thinking to do half my garden with daconil and the other half w/ the bayer 3-in-1 product, to see if there's any noticeable difference!

Now for Bayer's rules ;D

SU2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
View attachment 187845
When you say 'spray', are you aiming to apply entirely to the foliage? Or do you do a soil-drench as well? If the latter, do you have a rough% for each, like 20% goes onto the canopy and 80% is poured onto the substrate surface?

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Just wondering what daconil is going to do to help your worm issue?

I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing :p

@SU2 Daconil is an anti-fungal. Something else I was wondering about is the "worms" - sounds more like larvae of some type to me...

Grimmy

CamdenJim

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Well, I just reacted immediately without really thinking. I had sprayed my ailing dogwood with daconil that morning (worried about anthracnose), and treated around it with Bayer's Tree & Shrub as a drench for systemic insect control. My mind wasn't yet in gear.
Two years ago, all my Maples spent the summer on stands under that tree, and a fungus got every one of them. Fungus was on my mind, I guess.

SU2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
@JudyB @GrimLore @Clicio

I'd had it in my head that my daconil and my 3-in-1 (bayer pest product) were both systemics and just *ass*umed that was a full-on thing, have never used insecticides on plants before this and didn't even notice in the jpg @CamdenJim (so kindly&promptly!) provided that it says 'Fungicide' at the top, my eyes just flew to application instructions!

So I guess the daconil isn't going to be of much help to me for anything as I have no foliage w/ fungus - unless it's better than isopropyl for fungal bark infections? Am not sure what % of some of my worst bark is bacterial versus fungal, I imagine the overwhelming majority is bacterial but, in the cases of my worst-infected-bark specimen's substrate, the stuff was actually growing mushrooms!!! (it's been re-boxed since but the associated myco colony no doubt persists and I can't help but wonder how much of it is part of the bark-rot, as this specimen has the worst by far..)

Will have to find the mix/use instructions for the bayer then, gonna give google another go if nobody happens to have a label they'd be kind of enough to relay! ;D (just dilution rate & application, I know you want to get the foliage but unsure if you go for the trunk, the substrate, and if so - in equal proportions?) ((Oh just to be clear it's the disease/pest/insect bayer 3-in-1 product not their other 3-in-1, a weed&feed IIRC))

This is usually my first stop looking for label info:

http://www.cdms.net/Label-Database

Generally the google search -"brand name" label- will pop up at the very least a specimen label.

And daconil is not imidicloprid.

Thanks!! Will check that right now to see if the bayer product is listed, at least that's the right one lol - re daconil/imid., my bad total mind-fart it's chloro-something I think (have it written on the bottle, confused it w/ imid.!) Wasn't even going to help me anyways as it's a fungicide and I needed an insect product (80% worms and 20% aphids in my trees, and am starting to suspect a smaller mite in some of my substates that I've yet to ID), thankfully the bayer should cover that (once I find dilution / usage specs of course!)

But the buzz is to die for!

Ba-dum-chish!

Haha I love puns :) (or was that a 'play on words'? Always confuse the terms ;p)

Top Bottom