Aiki_Joker

Shohin
Reaction score
Hi there, I need some advice if possible. Moving back to a 3 month on 1 month off rotation where I will be 3 months in Libya then 1 month off in the UK rotating.

Is there any way I can maintain several trees during the three months away so I can work them and enjoy them when I get back? I am free and by myself.

Previously I managed to maintain a small cactus collection and garden shrubs in boarders only with a rotation schedule.

Appreciate any advice! :0)

Aiki_Joker

Shohin
Reaction score
What would I Google when looking for a nursery that looks after trees when people are away?

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I think it goes without saying, but I am going to say it anyway - try a bonsai nursery and explain your situation. Bonsai people are usually more understanding of the problem, as well as the care required to maintain some trees.

I agree, although I can't recall if he mentioned there were many bonsai places in Oman in earlier threads. I don't think there are many.
That is my plan, I know a bonsai place locally that will do just that.

Oh and as a side, Libya?
Whoa, stay safe!

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Ahh yeah, my bad. Was looking at the profile, evening drinks and all that. Should be many places in the UK then, less in Libya.
What area of the UK?
Plenty of clubs, nurseries around so I would just google "bonsai nursery 'insert area here' " and most should mention the service on their sites and if not just send an email asking.

Last edited:

TomB

Omono
Reaction score
Where in the UK? If the southeast, you could look at http://redsunbonsai.co.uk/services.html
I've not seen many other bonsai nurseries advertise this as a service but I'm sure a few places will - just talk to the ones closest to where you will be based.

Aiki_Joker

Shohin
Reaction score
Where in the UK? If the southeast, you could look at http://redsunbonsai.co.uk/services.html
I've not seen many other bonsai nurseries advertise this as a service but I'm sure a few places will - just talk to the ones closest to where you will be based.
Appreciated. Yes I have heard from a nursery in Cumbria :)

Top Bottom