Humic and Fulvic Acid source

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I know Al has posted a few threads on the benefits of humic acid lately. It sounded like some people were interested in where to buy this type of product, so I wanted to mention that last weekend, I saw the following item at my local garden center:

http://www.richearth.net/

Just so there's no confusion, I'm not affiliated with the product in any manner.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
A warning, the liquid version is expensive and it takes a lot. About the same as a good bottle of scotch.

keep it green,
Harry

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
After looking at Hydroponic stores, I went with ebay. I bought a pound for $14 of Humic and Fulvic dry from seller: brandmel. You can also type in Humic acid or Fulvic acid and purchase them individually. This is Soluble Fertilizer which I will make a tea out of. Also, I know Smoke uses Grow Power, which you can find a list of distributors on the grow power website.

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
After looking at Hydroponic stores, I went with ebay. I bought a pound for $14 of Humic and Fulvic dry from seller: brandmel. You can also type in Humic acid or Fulvic acid and purchase them individually. This is Soluble Fertilizer which I will make a tea out of. Also, I know Smoke uses Grow Power, which you can find a list of distributors on the grow power website.

I just bought some from that seller on ebay. Thanks for the referral. I'm excited to see the effects on my trees.

Mortalis

Yamadori
Reaction score
There is some in most hydro fertilizers. I can see the difference in my Deep water culture trees easily since I can inspect the roots daily. (Deep water culture is simply suspended in water with an air stone. When using it vs fertilizer that does not have it I have seen an inch of root growth in three days immediately after application.

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
There is some in most hydro fertilizers. I can see the difference in my Deep water culture trees easily since I can inspect the roots daily. (Deep water culture is simply suspended in water with an air stone. When using it vs fertilizer that does not have it I have seen an inch of root growth in three days immediately after application.[/QUOTE

That will definitely up repottings! Maybe not so good on established, finished bonsai though.

Mortalis

Yamadori
Reaction score
Ficus Benjamina, Ficus Retusa, Ficus Burt Davy, and Serissa at the moment. I have seen my roots growing out of my netpots in less than 3 days. Its good for bringing a sick tree back too. I dont see why you could not grow any species of tree in hydro. Deep water culture us very easy and with the growth rates it promotes it is worth doing to start new stock.

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I got my humic acid in the mail and today I went for it and put it on my trees. The source on ebay that I bought it from recommended 4 oz. per gallon of water for 100 sq. ft. . I didn't want to risk hurting my trees by overdosing so I went with half strength at 2 oz. mixed with some liquid chemical fertilizer in a gallon of water. But sheesh, I didn't realized how black it turns the water, I'm hoping I didn't overdose.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I got my humic acid in the mail and today I went for it and put it on my trees. The source on ebay that I bought it from recommended 4 oz. per gallon of water for 100 sq. ft. . I didn't want to risk hurting my trees by overdosing so I went with half strength at 2 oz. mixed with some liquid chemical fertilizer in a gallon of water. But sheesh, I didn't realized how black it turns the water, I'm hoping I didn't overdose.

Interesting - the stuff I have just said to sprinkle it on the soil twice a year.

I also took a look at the Roots fertilizer I got from Stone Lantern last year - it has humic acid in it, and is mixed with water to apply it. Try not to get that stuff on your fingers - it stains them and stinks them up with a residual smell that's not easy to get rid of :)

Top Bottom