Let me try this one more time

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/self-critique-juniperus-procumbens-nana.34912/

There's my take on my "best tree". Feel free to chime in, I could use the guidance.
I will, Thanks. It may not be till Monday, I am swamped this weekend and not even home, Spending the weekend at my girlfriends house and just came home to feed the dog. hate writing on the phone, much prefer the desktop and a full size keyboard!

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Did some elm work just now, just for you Nannerman.
Go ahead and tell me how much it sucks....with no vision and no future and all that jazz...

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Would you like me to say a few things?

It may not be till Monday, I'm a little busy this weekend.
If you like. No super rush. Were all busy on a weekend. My trucks spewing gas so that's my weekend.
I'm taking it down to our show next weekend.
I'm having Vance go over it also.
I would like to see how much you two differ on things like this. I'm guessing not much. You won't be able to look at it first hand though just a picture. That sucks.
Input from you would just be icing on the cake.
Vance being the cake.
Or does he take the cake?

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
How was I not truthful? I said it basically sucks and will never be a good bonsai. That's pretty harsh.
You know... I am taking the opportunity to get out now and just lurk here. It seems that this place is not really conducive to learning Hell people here even have the gaul to get in my face after calling their own tree basically trash. If you were all my students I would gladly give you your money back and tell you to hit the bricks. I don’t have time for this BS.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That's not an answer to my question. Come on, you demand people answer yours!
That's not how it works though.
He's not your teacher or mine. We don't pay to participate here.
Go start a thread on your tree and set it up like you are showing it for a judge.
Give yourself an honest critique and others will chime in to assist you.
If everyone did this then we would have a forum full of trees.
It's a beautiful idea really.

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That's not how it works though.
He's not your teacher or mine. We don't pay to participate here.
Go start a thread on your tree and set it up like you are showing it for a judge.
Give yourself an honest critique and others will chime in to assist you.
If everyone did this then we would have a forum full of trees.
It's a beautiful idea really.
Hey what's good for the goose and all. I'm tired of people playing like there's two sets of rules. They hold people to standards they're not willing to hold themselves to. Don't make demands on others and then run and hide when the tables are turned.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hey what's good for the goose and all. I'm tired of people playing like there's two sets of rules. They hold people to standards they're not willing to hold themselves to. Don't make demands on others and then run and hide when the tables are turned.
He has always said he wants to see the people's trees. He has shown his trees.
He challenged the forum to show theirs.
If you have shown yours then your job is done for now.
Do you have any trees that can be improved right now? How would you do that?
Go take more pics and tell us.
I'm going to go get mine ready.
It's not pretty to look at yourself and your own collection. Not for me at least.

Reaction score
Banana, please say something positief. Please..... You are learning at this stage off life. Come on. There is that thing in my mind...... I start bonsai for the next generation.

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
He has always said he wants to see the people's trees. He has shown his trees.
He challenged the forum to show theirs.
If you have shown yours then your job is done for now.
Do you have any trees that can be improved right now? How would you do that?
Go take more pics and tell us.
I'm going to go get mine ready.
It's not pretty to look at yourself and your own collection. Not for me at least.

That's not what we're talking about. He accused us of being untruthful. I want explanation for that unwarranted accusation.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That's not what we're talking about. He accused us of being untruthful. I want explanation for that unwarranted accusation.
I guess I just don't understand why you are feeling so personally victimized.
Was he speaking to you directly?
Sometimes things are said online that are taken out of context. My best advice to you - not that you asked for it- is to move on with your life. Go work on some trees and have a beer.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
No. He doesn't get to accuse me of being a liar and then run away.

@amcoffeegirl This is the kind of annoying thing I was talking about the other day... My fear is that we will end up with members like this guy (and a few others) and people like Al will leave... Then this place will be worthless...

Last edited:

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@amcoffeegirl This is the kind of annoying thing I was talking about the other day... My fear is that we will end up with members like this guy (and a few others) and people like Al will leave... Then this place will be worthless...
Al has taught me a lot. His skills are totally transferable to ficus. At least some of them.
The people with the best trees should be leading the charge. Asking to see your work is what we are all really here for.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Al has taught me a lot. His skills are totally transferable to ficus. At least some of them.
The people with the best trees should be leading the charge. Asking to see your work is what we are all really here for.
I am planning on doing it as soon as a get a little bit. It won't be pretty but I'll do almost anything on a dare...

Top Bottom