Mame contest idea

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My wife calls them the Keebler Elf Trees.
Lol...that's adorable! My husband actually feels bonsai were meant to be small. (Because of a karate movie) But the tree is dormant. He sees firewood when they are out of leaf. Making mame not impressive even as kindling. In leaf...he likes them. Its funny his mind set.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Small pots

Here are all the ones I have that measure up, just. The largest is bang on 4.5 inches.
Not sure if I will use any of these ones yet, maybe throw an accent in the small one when I figure out a soil to use.

IMG_4959s.JPG IMG_4961s.JPG

I do have one other put aside for one of my entries but that can wait until the reveal. :D

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice pots guys! Dennis, the one on the far right, do you have some more pics of it? It's a pretty one!

@Starfox damn that's a lot of Thor pots!

will take some tomorow !
bought it for 2$ at noelanders last year there like 1000 of them in a big crate i hope to get some more coming noelanders!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Here are all the ones I have that measure up, just. The largest is bang on 4.5 inches.
Not sure if I will use any of these ones yet, maybe throw an accent in the small one when I figure out a soil to use.

View attachment 165017 View attachment 165018

I do have one other put aside for one of my entries but that can wait until the reveal. :D
I can't believe I am going to say this, your largest skull...with the teeth...I totally think it's cool! I've seen a few of his pots...never one quite like that. Or if so...I don't recall it.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
@Starfox damn that's a lot of Thor pots!

Only half of them are. ;)

I can't believe I am going to say this, your largest skull...with the teeth...I totally think it's cool! I've seen a few of his pots...never one quite like that. Or if so...I don't recall it.

He recently released another skull themed batch of pots so there were loads to choose from, this one did catch my eye and luckily I was quick enough to snap it up. He really does mix it up at times too using darker or redder clays for some skulls too.
But yeah the gnarly teeth on this one do stand out out and being a bit bigger it is more practical which is good.

IMG_4875s.JPG

Baby skulls for bonsai pots!
Sweet!

:D

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

He recently released another skull themed batch of pots so there were loads to choose from, this one did catch my eye and luckily I was quick enough to snap it up. He really does mix it up at times too using darker or redder clays for some skulls too.
But yeah the gnarly teeth on this one do stand out out and being a bit bigger it is more practical which is good.

View attachment 165050

Stunning...glad you were on top of the game and was able to make a purchase.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@defra ... Thinking mame...with this contest. Is the only reason I now am anticipating what I can do with a knee root off the mame tree in the contest. I owe that to you...and your contest. So thank you...if not for this contest...I would have just removed it...tossing it out,

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
@defra ... Thinking mame...with this contest. Is the only reason I now am anticipating what I can do with a knee root off the mame tree in the contest. I owe that to you...and your contest. So thank you...if not for this contest...I would have just removed it...tossing it out,

Nice !
Thats one goal of setting up this contest to look different to some parts of our tree's that could become nice mame tree's im sure allot of mame trees are just tossed out as trash :)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice !
Thats one goal of setting up this contest to look different to some parts of our tree's that could become nice mame tree's im sure allot of mame trees are just tossed out as trash :)
Well...it is working! I am so excited about a darn little knee root. :oops:... I love the material...Boston Ivy is so pretty...wasn't supseptible to black spot another plus! Just peaking it has roots I can work to my favor possibly...as an exposed root. Or...if the root tucks into a rock I got which has a grove in it...ROR possibly wedging the root into that crack looking grove in the rock. The rock is cool...so if it doesn't work...I will send it away for a daiza built for it. But...as I scream at my mental head count for how many trees I wish in my collection...I can't imagine tossing it out. Now the Goji suckers in the pot...dislike that plant...I may toss them. Keeping only mine main tree. I go between hating it...and envisioning it thicker and more developed...curious if I could grow to love it.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice Dennis! The first one, is it from a Czech guy? I've got one of his too, it's proper quality stuff.

You should show the side you fixed on the green round, that side is way better!

Shhh they dont have to know i got nail polish lol

And yes could be a Czech guy indeed
Hope te get some more at the next noelanders :)

Reaction score

View attachment 165050

Yeah but still a lot of them lol. Nice collection m8!

Top Bottom