My Kaneshin b-day tools :)

Alain

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hi there,
My birthday is coming (which would mean Spring normally but not in Chicagoland where it's presently snowing :mad:) and this year my wife offered me my first real bonsai tools :)

I just received then yesterday and now I am wandering the house looking for something to prune and some branches to cut....:(
May be I'll go shave the neighbor's cats :p

Anyway.

They are from Kaneshin cutlery, Japanese company I discovered last year via this very forum and if any of you need some tools I can recommend them enough: Mr Masashi Nishimura I was in contact with was really kind and helpful, their prices are more than reasonable (I may say unbeatable) and Mr Nishimura even included a free cleaning mate as a gift.

Their websites:
www.bonsai-tool.net (English)
www.kaneshin-engei.net (Japanese)

So now I'm kind of set-up from the roots to the little puffy leaves with this shears, branch cutter, rake and pick:
DSC04026.JPG

:cool:

I even have some notices in Japanese, I don't read Japanese but I find them real nice and who knows, I may learn Japanese now that I have something to read :D

PS: @Stickroot : sorry really! :(
I wanted to buy your root rake and pick and I was hoping the house will participate, I never imagined the house will indeed offer me the whole nine yard....

Alain

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Enjoy them. Treat yourself to a pair of their wire cutters while you're at it.

I'll surely go back to them if one day I'm looking for more tools.

I though for a long time that the wire cutter was use to cut a length of wire from the roll when wiring. So my thinking was: 'Eh, what the hell! My electrical pliers do the job quite fine!'
Now that I know that it's in fact to cut and remove the wires from the tree 1) I'll die smarter, 2) I see why the electrical pliers aren't the same deal at all! :)

Alain

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice!

She sure is a catch!

Sorce

Yes she is.
But don't tell her that if you see her again, I'll never hear the end of it ;)

Wow that's awesome I'm jealous!

That was basically the purpose of the thread :D

damn, happy bday. Why didn't I think of that

Thanks!
Good thing you'll most certainly have another B-day coming up next year then! ;)

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'll surely go back to them if one day I'm looking for more tools.
Firstly, give them some time to check if they are good enough. I did it, have made inquiry from Kaneshin year after year and I think... still some pieces needed. Here is the result... those for root works are not stored in the cases...
(KANESHIN)%20collection%20Large%201.jpg (Kaneshin)%20Small.jpg

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Firstly, give them some time to check if they are good enough. I did it, have made inquiry from Kaneshin year after year and I think... still some pieces needed. Here is the result... those for root works are not stored in the cases...
View attachment 99948 View attachment 99949
Like the "these are mine" stripe pattern. I do the same with all my tools as well

Attachments

• 20160402_153806.jpg
    20160402_153806.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 24

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
View attachment 99948 View attachment 99949

I keep mine in a Tupperware box, but they're cheap ones though I take a particular care to the three to five I use 97.25% of the time :D

But I think what petegreg posted is right, these tools need to be protected and maintained at their best: "A méchant ouvrier, point de bon outil", et vice-versa ;)

Designing and making your own "toolbox" can be fun too.

Joyeux anniversaire !

Last edited:

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well, manicure and pedicure, when I wanna be nasty. One thing is protection, another the order.

Last edited:

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
[QUOanother"Alabeing, poprotection, another the order.:)43, member: 306"]I keep mine in a Tupperware box, but they're cheap ones though I take a particular care to the three to five I use 97.25% of the time :D

But I think what petegreg posted is right, these tools need to be protected and maintained at their best: "A méchant ouvrier, point de bon outil", et vice-versa ;)

Designing and making your own "tnasty:b" can be fun too.
Well,manicure and pedicure, when I wanna be nasty. One thing is protection, another the order.[/QUOTE]

Wowhaha! ;)

Der Aufkromiertenstahlsuperfuss!...

Alfred_E._Neumann.jpg

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi there,
My birthday is coming (which would mean Spring normally but not in Chicagoland where it's presently snowing :mad:) and this year my wife offered me my first real bonsai tools :)

I just received then yesterday and now I am wandering the house looking for something to prune and some branches to cut....:(
May be I'll go shave the neighbor's cats :p

Anyway.

They are from Kaneshin cutlery, Japanese company I discovered last year via this very forum and if any of you need some tools I can recommend them enough: Mr Masashi Nishimura I was in contact with was really kind and helpful, their prices are more than reasonable (I may say unbeatable) and Mr Nishimura even included a free cleaning mate as a gift.

Their websites:
www.bonsai-tool.net (English)
www.kaneshin-engei.net (Japanese)

So now I'm kind of set-up from the roots to the little puffy leaves with this shears, branch cutter, rake and pick:
View attachment 99926

:cool:

I even have some notices in Japanese, I don't read Japanese but I find them real nice and who knows, I may learn Japanese now that I have something to read :D

PS: @Stickroot : sorry really! :(
I wanted to buy your root rake and pick and I was hoping the house will participate, I never imagined the house will indeed offer me the whole nine yard....
Great tools! No need for sorry to me, even if those tools were from bLowes you better use them for your wife's sake. Good lady!
Thanks for the spot, check this out.image.jpeg image.jpegRoot hook n rake in one. No matter which end you use, the other points away from you! Designed by one great guy! And built by me.
Speeds things up like you can't believe!

Alain

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Great tools! No need for sorry to me, even if those tools were from bLowes you better use them for your wife's sake. Good lady!
Thanks for the spot, check this out.View attachment 100011 View attachment 100012Root hook n rake in one. No matter which end you use, the other points away from you! Designed by one great guy! And built by me.
Speeds things up like you can't believe!

Nice idea and great realization! :)

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No matter which end you use, the other points away from you!

Yeah. Fuck a lefty!
Damn it!

Lefty, you get a poked!

Lol.

Oh yeah Alain....Happy Birthday!
Been hanging with Jehovahs Witnesses too much, no bless you for sneezing, no birthdays!

Sorce

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah. Fuck a lefty!
Damn it!

Lefty, you get a poked!

Lol.

Oh yeah Alain....Happy Birthday!
Been hanging with Jehovahs Witnesses too much, no bless you for sneezing, no birthdays!

Sorce
What's a lefty.

Top Bottom