My New Blog

Paulkellum

Mame
Reaction score
Lots Yamadori My New Blog/photo book

So I decided to do a blog about my bonsai. Its nothing fancy and btw my english skills suck so no grading. lol Im adding more of my backstory and about my intensive classes and will add will keep a better photo journal of my trees progression now that I have a place to put them. Iv gotten half my trees loaded and only a few clips about how I started.

https://bonsaibardo.wordpress.comAfter.jpg

Last edited:

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looking good! It will great to follow your progress with these trees! :)

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
Nice bog--It is inspirational to see your level of commitment and high standards and your succinct plan of action to ascend to excellence--I pissed away a lifetime fiddling around being consumed with raising children, paying rent and stumbling ahead on the verge of catastrophe--Now that the kids have been run off and I have paid off the hovel I am too tired and weak to do ambitious studies.

Paulkellum

Mame
Reaction score
Nice bog--It is inspirational to see your level of commitment and high standards and your succinct plan of action to ascend to excellence--I pissed away a lifetime fiddling around being consumed with raising children, paying rent and stumbling ahead on the verge of catastrophe--Now that the kids have been run off and I have paid off the hovel I am too tired and weak to do ambitious studies.

Thanks Crust I do very much appreciate the fact I have the ability to do this.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I love the fact that someone has a blog that is so close to me that what you do applies to me too. I also really wanted to start an exposed root JBP so I am curious to see yours progress. With the pot you posted that you made, could I use some extra winow/door screen I have lying around and make one, and maybe use chicken wire to make sure it doesn't cave? I plan on using my staple gun to staple the screen and chicken wire to the wood.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Since I have been there for two of Paul's Intensives, I can categorically say:

"What happens at Boon's, gets posted on the Internet!"

Oh, Lord help me... We're both going to be there next week!

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Dayum son! Two days of this and you have as many posts as some guys have in a year! You keep up like this and you will be the hardest working man in the blogging business!

Paulkellum

Mame
Reaction score
I love the fact that someone has a blog that is so close to me that what you do applies to me too. I also really wanted to start an exposed root JBP so I am curious to see yours progress. With the pot you posted that you made, could I use some extra winow/door screen I have lying around and make one, and maybe use chicken wire to make sure it doesn't cave? I plan on using my staple gun to staple the screen and chicken wire to the wood.

yes window screen works it will stretch the stuff I use is window screen I just get one for pets (fiberglass) so it for the people with cats lol.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
yes iv heard but a patent is only effective if you trying to sell them ;-). I may move to the more cost effective http://air-pot.com I love these things cheap and work better with there patented cone design.

It does show intellectual integrity to acknowledge the inventor when he is here on our forum.

;-)

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
Thanks Crust I do very much appreciate the fact I have the ability to do this.
Actually I was moaning a bit I guess--I wish I had been able to focus more when I was younger. I do have to say, serious study is at least available in the USA but it is pretty spendy to fly around the country to get it, let alone pay the rates certain good teachers are getting. I wish I had sold that extra pesky kidney when I lived overseas but, sigh, I never did.

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Great start Paul. Need to mention it at TBS. Look forward to future additions.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
yes iv heard but a patent is only effective if you trying to sell them ;-). I may move to the more cost effective http://air-pot.com I love these things cheap and work better with there patented cone design.

Where do you get thee Paul ? I looked at the site you linked and it said "This site is for commercial growers, distributers and retailers only. Minimum order £1000.00." That's over $1500.00 U.S. dollars ! Extremely pricey even if you got 100 guys together and split it up.

ed

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Crust, I know your little kidney joke was supposed to be just that, a joke.

But you never know... Last summer I found I had kidney cancer, and had to have one removed. I'm now cancer free, but my remaining kidney is less than 100 percent effective. I'm having to modify my diet to compensate.

Be grateful you have two!

So, upon realizing that we all a limited time on earth, I'm working with more advanced material, and taking on fewer "projects".

Paulkellum

Mame
Reaction score
Where do you get thee Paul ? I looked at the site you linked and it said "This site is for commercial growers, distributers and retailers only. Minimum order £1000.00." That's over $1500.00 U.S. dollars ! Extremely pricey even if you got 100 guys together and split it up.

ed

http://www.perfectroots.com that one places in USA to get them

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Love those entries on your blog. You've got some great material you've been working on.

I think I'll stick with the pond basket over the air pot. I'm sure they hold up better than pond baskets, but I can easily replace the pond baskets for next to nothing.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Pond baskets work well. If they're the right size.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
http://www.perfectroots.com that one places in USA to get them

At least they sell in smaller quantities of a mere 50 pots. At $5.75 each or $6.00 each if you want the screws to hold them together its a mere $287.50 or $300.00 if you want the plastic screws. This "3 Gallon Air-Pots special purchase offer!" still seems a tad pricey to me. I wonder what the shipping costs would be for these? But if you need this many go for it, or if you had ten guys who wanted 5 each $30.00 bucks plus shipping would not be too bad.

ed

Top Bottom