Pen Drawing Juniper

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
A buddy of mine drew this for me, I thought it was pretty cool. He's not a Bonsai guy. The foliage is just made of dots. It's one of my fav trees, does anyone recognize it or can you find a pic of the actual tree? The proportions are a little funky in the drawing, but I think he did a fantastic job.

29a995c6-0bc7-42f1-af5e-24959aca6c55_zps8a273efb.jpg

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Please forgive me if this offends anyone; and up front let me say the art work is fabulous. To me it is more of a Rorschach test where in I see a baby dragon, wearing a toga humping a armadillo humping a Vespa.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
:) great responses! Thanks!!!

I'm sorry, I really did not mean to offend you or demean the art work of your friend, he really is quite good and deserves credit, but I couldn't resist this one----it was the voices they made me do it.

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It reminds of the artwork on an Emerson, Lake and Palmer album, Tarkus, released in the early "70's (before your time, Yenling).

Attachments

• tarkus.jpg
    tarkus.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 17

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
It reminds of the artwork on an Emerson, Lake and Palmer album, Tarkus, released in the early "70's (before your time, Yenling).

There was the most musically fundamental band to ever play.

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
There was the most musically fundamental band to ever play.

All the best music happened before Yenling's and my time. Good thing music was made to enjoy forever. If my parents didn't listen to it, it probably isn't any good, I always say.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This looks like a Roman Gladiator with a Phrygian helmet?

Attachments

• flip.jpg
    flip.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 14

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Reminds me of Kimura's juniper, one of my favorites. Congrats on your recent graduation at Boon's!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 15

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
Vance you see an armadillo , I see a tortoise that bread with an octipus. I do love it though.

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Reminds me of Kimura's juniper, one of my favorites. Congrats on your recent graduation at Boon's!

Thanks Brian really appreciate it! Yes, I could be wrong but I believe Takeo Kawabe which was one of Kimura's students carved the dead wood, however I could be wrong. I also think Peter Tea took this picture.
shoujyu-en-7.jpg

Top Bottom