Toyo Nishiki Clump

Very nice...looks like things are waking up in your neck of the woods. Though these move early. So far our winter's blast has been pouring rain. Temps are dropping...sure hope we see snow instead of ice which tends to take down power lines here.

LOL :D:D
It will be quite (that's the word you forgot, 'quite') a bit more than 'a few more years' for you to become an old man!! :p
Yes、I'm growing old and hopefully developing into a good bonsai too ?

Very nice...looks like things are waking up in your neck of the woods. Though these move early. So far our winter's blast has been pouring rain. Temps are dropping...sure hope we see snow instead of ice which tends to take down power lines here.
Our weather is funny. Warm、cold、warm、cold. Flowering quince in general are starting to bloom.

Cleaned this clump up a bit today, but pictures I'll post another day. Flower buds slowly forming and growing larger.

I removed the tree from the pot to find nice roots that will be growing into hopefully interesting root cuttings.
20190129_163502.jpg20190129_163808.jpg

Absolutely STUNNING! Makes me miss my cascade...but knowing you have one for me come spring,makes me smile. This one...spectacular! Root cuttings. Interesting, sounds like it was intended.
Well, not intended, but it turned out to be great two fold. Originally, I intended the pot with soil below the colander only to help keep my quince's roots moister. ? Lazy people like me can be creative or just unproductive.

What I like about quince is when branches break, they can still live by the skin of their bark.

Here I wired grafts that were from a year ago. They were as vertical as the green lines. It ripped on the inside, which I sealed with wood glue. No problem.
20190131_184732.jpg

@thumblessprimate1 ...love the ability to think outside the box. Wood glue! Thanks for the tip. Goodness...quince, are everywhere. Keep seeing them posted all over the place. Love them.
I used wood glue since Bill Valavanis mentioned it in an Elm thread. I like the results on other deciduous.

Back
Top Bottom