Ulmus Pumila Carnivorous

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks all, glad you enjoy it. I’ve been wanting to make another thought it would be cool to have duo.
A spooky forest.

HoneyHornet

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Seems like a ton of progress in the amount of time..cant get over how great this is..superb ramification over that period of time..so inspiring

Arnold

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
Have you ever thinked in put a little guy hanged in a brach? I would be funny 😂

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This is such a cool tree! Can anyone point me to some info about how to do something similar without killing the tree?

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This is such a cool tree! Can anyone point me to some info about how to do something similar without killing the tree?
Pick a hardy tree species and don’t remove too much sap wood, I stared at the stump for some time before beginning to carve it. I definitely had a final design plan in mind before I began.
I wish I could offer more info than that, I do plan on starting another hopefully this spring and will try and do a better job of documenting it with more pics.

source.gif

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here’s an up to date pic., grew great this summer lots of new ramification. Now I need to start thinking about a permanent pot that is more fitting. The current pot was for training? I will probably make my own custom for it?

7EC578B5-BD86-4FCD-816E-4C6C5551A1A5.jpeg

4391613C-68E2-441C-983F-3940338F46EB.jpeg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There have been some great concrete pots shown on this site and making your own pot is always a treat.
Because I work in stoneware and make almost all of my pots to look like stone, its a no brainer for me. I fully expect that a large percentage of my plants will end up taking residence in my own pots. I am very happy with all of those I have planted thus far.

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
There have been some great concrete pots shown on this site and making your own pot is always a treat.
Because I work in stoneware and make almost all of my pots to look like stone, its a no brainer for me. I fully expect that a large percentage of my plants will end up taking residence in my own pots. I am very happy with all of those I have planted thus far.
I dig your rock pots they are definitely my style. This tree is rather large so its going to require a pretty large size pot. That's why I am considering making it from concrete.

Top Bottom