Visit to Monastery of the Holy Spirit, GA

Shan Anand

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Merry Christmas, folks! Visited this place a couple of months ago to check out their Bonsai collection, pots they had and was not disappointed at all.. Here are some pics from the visit.

Attachments

• _SSA0916.jpg
    _SSA0916.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 85
  • _SSA0917.jpg
    _SSA0917.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 79
  • _SSA0919.jpg
    _SSA0919.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 77
  • _SSA0950.jpg
    _SSA0950.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 76
  • _SSA0951.jpg
    _SSA0951.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 79
  • _SSA0957.jpg
    _SSA0957.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 79

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Their plants have improved A LOT since I was last there. I used to get pots from them (on line), but no more.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm generally not a big fan of ginkgo bonsai, but I do like that ginkgo group a lot. Different from the usual style for sure. Thanks for posting these.

Shan Anand

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Their plants have improved A LOT since I was last there. I used to get pots from them (on line), but no more.
My go to place for quality pots.. recently purchased some tokoname and houtoku from them during this visit..

Shan Anand

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
I'm generally not a big fan of ginkgo bonsai, but I do like that ginkgo group a lot. Different from the usual style for sure. Thanks for posting these.
There is something about Ginkgo that intrigues me.. I have two growing in ground for the last two years and I am planning for a forest planting next year..

Ceijay

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
OMG STOP!!!

Those bonsai have the little sign posts!!! What are they? What are they called? What are they for?

I can't google them online cause I don't know how to look for them but I've made a pair just cause they just look so adorable. I'm dying to be educated on these.

P.S. From some of the larger images you added it looks like they are for species or common names along with its age? Am I correct?

Top Bottom