Who stole my pine?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Sometimes I run into bonsai photos that cause me to laugh :) I almost choked when I saw this pine on Yahoo! Auction Japan. It looks like Graydon's bpine after the airlayer :) I actually think there's some potential in this tree/stump, but someone needs to come up with a design and a new trunk line (and leading apex) first...

choppedbpine1.jpg

choppedbpine2.jpg

choppedbpine3.jpg

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I almost choked when I saw this pine on Yahoo! Auction Japan. It looks like Graydon's bpine after the airlayer
I do believe them is fighting words :)

BonsaiWes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I really like the tree from the front photo, good material for making something you wont see in the rule books.

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
I do believe them is fighting words :)

You would be correct Tom. Alright Mr. Nut it's steel cage match next time we meet...

I like this tree. I do wish that there would have been more left of the trunk when it was chopped (as seen in the middle photo). I would consider tilting it a bit to the left when repotting (as viewed in the first photo) to try to lessen the impact of the humongous base and then try to bring the horizontal trunk down a bit in stages to create something of a compact semi cascade.

Top Bottom