Bonsai Heresy

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
SOOO excited!... i pre-ordered after the first blog entry detailing how to do so.

Looking forward to the illustrations, as well.... the “teasers” did their job... I’m teased, damnit.
I signed up to be notified when pre-order was starting. Best thing ever is that option. Love buying pre-order. Guaranteed to get first print. That and you get it early. Good for you! You will enjoy it.

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score

I think i've read Post Dated 4-5 times, it's great because through reading you get to experience a Bonsai apprenticeship in Japan but it's without the whole sacrifice everything to move to Japan, work like a slave, no pay and don't take days off kinda thing. Very different book than Bonsai Heresy

Reactions: Meh

Gary McCarthy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
One of the most interesting things I've read in the book so far is in chapter 13 where Mike talks about "Root Kill Temperature", how cold can they roots get before they die. I had never heard mention of that before.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
One of the most interesting things I've read in the book so far is in chapter 13 where Mike talks about "Root Kill Temperature", how cold can they roots get before they die. I had never heard mention of that before.
Sounds interesting, since it seems our cold hardy species can take a real deep freeze.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I'm waiting till it comes out on Netflix.

I watched "Where the Red Fern Grows" the other day.😂

Sorce

I’m really looking forward to the Broadway adaptation... I hear that The Traveling Wilbury’s are doing the score.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
...my heart begins to race as I hear a dull “thump” downstairs by my mailbox.
5CB0C308-A5EC-4E91-9364-CBC667B992BD.jpeg
Scissors??? ...no time!!!

8FFB96E7-7B67-47F8-8C1A-0FDE8E820D46.jpeg

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Got this a couple days ago and i'm about 80% through it. I'm going to have to give it the highest of recommendations for any Bonsai geek out there! One of the most challenging things i've experienced as a hardcore Bonsai enthusiast is sorting out good info from the bad.

Michael does a phenomenal job of breaking things down so they are clear and concise, easy to follow and gives a thorough explanation either based on science or generations of trial and error. Personally, I think his Bonsai specific horticultural knowledge of conifer, deciduous and broad leaf ever green is among the best in the US and is evident by the pics of his garden. I highly recommend it and believe this book will help many to level up their Bonsai game.

Shout out to @MACH5, art work is awesome!

View attachment 301294
Just ordered my copy two day priority mail!
@MACH5 can't wait to see your illustrations. Bet they're awesome!

Top Bottom