Field Grown JBP progression, Help needed.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great fortune for you. About 4 years past had much the same happen to one tree. First time was snow, second time was wind both times fell from 2nd story apartment deck to ground below over about 4 month time span. Tree survived well after 2 repots🤬. NOW Cascades are WIRED to parking spot to prevent such happening.

trigo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Great fortune for you. About 4 years past had much the same happen to one tree. First time was snow, second time was wind both times fell from 2nd story apartment deck to ground below over about 4 month time span. Tree survived well after 2 repots🤬. NOW Cascades are WIRED to parking spot to prevent such happening.
Yes, lesson learned, if you notice on the last photos, it's tied down now on the cinder blocks with steel wire. On the upside, now the tree has a nice story to tell, but i hope i don't have any more surprises.

trigo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
1 more month until our winter, my black pine grew alot these past months, so i decided to reduce a little to get more sun inside and better airflow, did some guy wires to open up the tree and lower some branches a little. Hopefully will help to develop backbuds.

Before and after:
IMG_3411.jpegIMG_3419.jpeg

and the removed needles:
IMG_3423.jpeg

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
You should consider wiring for movement in the branches and beginning pad formation. Guy wires may assist in downward direction but that is a small part of the refinement process. It will become much more difficult to do when the branches thicken even further.
Just a thought when I look at your stage of development.

trigo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
You should consider wiring for movement in the branches and beginning pad formation. Guy wires may assist in downward direction but that is a small part of the refinement process. It will become much more difficult to do when the branches thicken even further.
Just a thought when I look at your stage of development.
i will put on some wire during the winter and style it, probably removing some more candles / branches before our spring begins. thank you for your input.

Top Bottom