Lance's Korkscrew Kishu

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That creamy cream!... I believe that rules are to be broken, especially in bonsai and even more so when Adair makes them.
Eli, the creme is a nice pot.

For another tree.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing, your right in a technical sense. But can't I have a little fun in my backyard?:p;):D
I'm teasing.....

The only rule this pot breaks is if you have a thing for cheap, mass produced Chinese pots!
It's a great little pot that presents an image I find appealing.

Sue me.......:mad::p

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You asked for oil suggestions. Nothing was specified for what you were using it for. So I figured I would help a buddy out.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Tea tree oil and walnut oil are 2 traditional choices. For walnut oil, simply crush a handful of shelled walnuts in a sock. Otherwise, you can use any light oil: baby oil, extra virgin olive oil.

Thanks @Stan Kengai , I thought it was walnut oil. Tea tree sounds like it would work as well.:cool:

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
In japan they use camelia oil for both pots and the tools
Kaneshin sells it

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I've not much experience working deadwood features so this lil' stick gives me a teeny head start.
I'll get on it as soon as possible!:cool:
Thanks for taking the time to comment!:D
Just remember to keep fingers above the blade........ ABOVE the blade! I learned that the hard way by slicing my hand down to the bone from the finger tip to the base of the palm.:eek:

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
In japan they use camelia oil for both pots and the tools
Kaneshin sells it
Yes, they do, but Kaneshin refuses shipping it by air mail. I use food grade Camelia oil instead.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My wiring skills are pretty basic, but improving. This is pretty small, it will be tricky. I'll try my best!;)
This is a juniper. Maintaining a juniper means you will have to wire it. With fairly small wire.

I promise when working with small trees, copper is easier to use than aluminum. Small (thin) copper is just as easy to bend as thin aluminum, but it looks better, holds better, and you can use a thinner gauge. The thin wire isn't all that expensive.

There is only one way to get better at wiring: do it.

I'm assuming you've watched Colin Lewis's free wiring tutorial on www.craftsy.com. If not, do that first.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm assuming you've watched Colin Lewis's free wiring tutorial on www.craftsy.com. If not, do that first.

Yeah....he's gonna have to go see Boon or his wiring won't be nice enough for the landlady!

Can't you pay Johnny to stand in front of them when she walks by?

I'm just kidding....
I'm going at noon to find out if I can keep my plants at this new place.....

The backyard is small....gonna be a pit bull too....the neighbors'....could be good security....if monkey don't hump it!
The only place with good sun makes for an easy reach over the fence....

If I can get on the flat roof....BOOM!

Full sun all day!

I smell a Smoke fart in these winds of change! Who opened the elevator door!?

Sorce

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice tree. I love junipers. I'm curious what your fertiliser, care routine is etc where you are, as it looks to have had a 100% improvement in foliage colour mass in a year.

Hey @Daluke ! Thanks for the compliment! Sorry about the late reply to your query. First, for you, fix your profile to indicate your approximate location....don't know why, but not knowing somebodies location bothers me....:p:D
My care routine is pretty simple...water, feed, maximum sun and get the hell outta' the way!!!!;)
Hehehee.......
I use a granular feed from Bonsai West in Massachusetts. That goes on for the majority of the season for a constant trickle of nutrients at a low dose. I really stinks, but seems to attract less "visitors" than others I've tried!:eek:
I'll mix in various combinations of Fish emulsion, fish and seaweed and then just the seaweed thru the growing season.
Every few weeks during the growing season I give a dose of Miracle-Gro tomato fert......
You'll be surprised at the results of a moderate but consistent fert schedule.....most of what you dump in will never be used by the tree, so you just waste money.
The key is to find a schedule and ferts that work for you.....

Where ever you are....??????:)

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I thought it was walnut oil. Tea tree sounds like it would work as well.:cool:

Serious, save yourself a bit of cash and use Mineral oil USP from the local drug store. I use it on Wooden Baking/Cooking surfaces after cleaning them down with a mix of water and vinegar 75/25. Same as the FDA requires for butcher blocks.

The same process works very nicely on pots. ;)

Grimmy

pitchpine

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice juniper! I'm going to a pines workshop at NEBG tomorrow, and thinking I should leave my credit cards at home, lol. I almost never get out of there without buying a new tree, and I'm running out of space!

Laura

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice juniper! I'm going to a pines workshop at NEBG tomorrow, and thinking I should leave my credit cards at home, lol. I almost never get out of there without buying a new tree, and I'm running out of space!

Laura

According to "stackranking" you may be able to buy one and get rid of 3!

Bring it! Use it!

Sorce

Top Bottom