Lance's two trunk Raintree

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
DSC00924.JPG

DSC00925.JPG

Reigned in. Lots of rain clearing the "deck". Scar down low might heal-up 6-7 more years? Dr. Lou was at New England Bonsai couple weeks ago on a demo, so hey, I can try a re-pot, right? ;)

@Hartinez , this is a tree that I had in mind when I purchased one of your fine tables(feel free to provide a IG link). Not sure the blue pot will be the final one.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
View attachment 387883

View attachment 387884

Reigned in. Lots of rain clearing the "deck". Scar down low might heal-up 6-7 more years? Dr. Lou was at New England Bonsai couple weeks ago on a demo, so hey, I can try a re-pot, right? ;)

@Hartinez , this is a tree that I had in mind when I purchased one of your fine tables(feel free to provide a IG link). Not sure the blue pot will be the final one.
I love it Lance. This tree keeps having me inspired to get a BRT. What stops me is my desire to downsize my tropicals! That stand also I always felt needed a tree with a wider canopy. I could see it sitting lovely like atop.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
going back to the first page.. Which one is this? Is this one of these!? :eek:

Lesser tree died back about half-way so my intentions shifted. Growing out the larger for cuttings and such and will re-imagine a new design.

Larger trunk is pretty straight for a BRT. Has a bit of nice taper at soil level with some nice root characteristics. I'll orientate more up-right and "start over".🤔

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
cuttings.....
DSC00976.JPG with a tough root-prune and tender care, in ya' go this spring....DSC00980.JPG

...thoughts of a tight little grove inside a colorful pot are pure.....

DSC00977.JPG DSC00978.JPG DSC00979.JPG
DSC00801.JPG DSC00802.JPG

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
woody cuttings, maybe year old wood, should root fairly reliably...any "bonsai soil" you have been using should be a good medium.....

......I didn't "tent" or provide bottom heat but used a bit of rooting-hormone...not sure if that lingered too long after a few waterings, but might have been a week or more between those initial waterings...

I would wait until new buds formed at the base of old leaves on the cutting in question and cut then. If there were any leaf I would remove all but the "furthest" out.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
woody cuttings, maybe year old wood, should root fairly reliably...any "bonsai soil" you have been using should be a good medium.....

......I didn't "tent" or provide bottom heat but used a bit of rooting-hormone...not sure if that lingered too long after a few waterings, but might have been a week or more between those initial waterings...

I would wait until new buds formed at the base of old leaves on the cutting in question and cut then. If there were any leaf I would remove all but the "furthest" out.
Maybe I'll try again this summer. Mine did not do their normal leaf drop when brought in this fall and will need some serious pruning.

Top Bottom