Leo's "azalea 2020 -2025" contest entry

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Spring is here and your azalea could be blooming (depending on your location) or starting to leaf out with this season’s flush……it’s time for updates!

I would also like to add at this time we have 3 prizes to award. Many thanks to @Forsoothe! and @Deep Sea Diver for donating. I am also donating a prize as well.

If you are no longer interested in continuing in the Azalea Contest, please let me know so we can close your thread, thanks.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
When your landscape native maples, sugar or red maples, and or landscape Norway maples, Acer platanoides, have leaves that are at least partially unfurled, then danger of freeze is likely passed. Right now my maples are flowering, but have not started unfurling leaves yet.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
When your landscape native maples, sugar or red maples, and or landscape Norway maples, Acer platanoides, have leaves that are at least partially unfurled, then danger of freeze is likely passed. Right now my maples are flowering, but have not started unfurling leaves yet.
Very interesting to note that. All of the maples in my local have already leafed out.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Maryland is definitely a couple weeks ahead of the Chicago - Milwaukee area. Heck the southwest suburbs, like where @sorce is at is at least a week ahead of me. I get long cool spring due to "Lake Effect". East wind off the lake is chilled by the cold water.

Top Bottom