MIRAI YATSUBUSA ELM

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The image looks great with the branch outlines and the bark, gotta look at the positive side!

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks milehigh! I am hoping to get this tree eventually into the Nationals. 2020? That may be a little too soon. I'll have to see.

Are you going to use a coffee table for a stand, haha!

Al joking aside, you have a real eye for design. I am sure it will be incredible!!!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Are you going to use a coffee table for a stand, haha!

Al joking aside, you have a real eye for design. I am sure it will be incredible!!!

Thanks B&B. Yes it almost requires a coffee table size stand! :eek: It will definitely need to be low with short beefy legs. Perhaps one with a live edge might suit it?

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks B&B. Yes it almost requires a coffee table size stand! :eek: It will definitely need to be low with short beefy legs. Perhaps one with a live edge might suit it?

That sounds like a great idea!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Taking it to the next level. Today started working and wiring this elm but only got through about half way. Heavy gage copper wire was needed to manipulate the tentacles of this beast. In a week or two I will pick it up again and hopefully finish the work before spring comes.

Here it was about a year ago.

Last edited:

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is going to be such an awesome tree. Well, it already is but you know what I mean! Love it.

Hyn Patty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow. I am in awe. From the first photos to the last. Especially great shots the last few. The snow and the wiring! I can see a lot of improvement in the structure already with the work you have done so far. I love it and am very impressed with the tree. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Thank you so much for sharing this tree and it's story with us, and your progression with it. Outstanding.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
That is going to be such an awesome tree. Well, it already is but you know what I mean! Love it.

Chris, the sheer physical presence of this tree is remarkable! All magnified by the incredible bark. The work I do I hope will add to what is already there. Never thought I'd own a Chinese elm.

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You're going to have some interesting choices ahead, Serg. On one hand, this elm could go the route of a fantasy tree, or what Walter Pall terms a fairy tale tree. The bark already makes it a powerful tree. Or, the elm could become the tree at the center of the Universe...a directional tree dividing space into quadrants. Or, with your talented hands, you could find another direction for the tree to take. Whatever you do, enjoy the ride.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Never thought I'd own a Chinese elm.
There are certain trees one makes an exception for!

Would love to have this tree except at 1/2 the size. I know it wouldn't be as impressive but I couldn't handle one this big.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
@MACH5 Wow! It is really improving already. Whatever you paid for this beautiful tree it is worth triple! Thank you very much for sharing.

Top Bottom