Sunny Escambron

carp

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I didn't think to say your tree was poorly styled, I believe that you got the maximum tree out of what is available. Like you said, flaws are flaws, and you've done a great job diminishing them without changing the character of the tree. I still feel that the tree is off balanced in the pot; but my eye and brain doesn't see or think the same way yours does. At the end of the day, its your tree, and if you like it, thats all that matters.

Bob O

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Hey Sawgrass,

This tree is very nice and it got me interested in Escambrons and I just ordered one.

I would love to see how yours progressed through summer and do you have any advise to an escambron nube?

Thanks,

Bob O

QuintinBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Sawgrass,

This tree is very nice and it got me interested in Escambrons and I just ordered one.

I would love to see how yours progressed through summer and do you have any advise to an escambron nube?

Thanks,

Bob O

I ordered one in August, and I love it. They grow very rapidly, and with that being so, keep a close eye out for wire scarring. When I first received it, every branch was badly scarred. I cut them all off, and started from scratch. They produce thorns, that of which, I clip to make wiring easier on the fingers. Being tropicals, I'm not certain if they'd be able to handle VA's winter temps. You may want to bring it inside to protect from freezes.

Here is what mine looked like earlier.
http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?16369-My-Escambron&highlight=escambron

And here it is now.

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 32

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Stacey I was looking at BSF, Bonsai Societies of Florida, site and they showed some Florida award winners from their show. I am certain I seen some of your scroll work, one an owl I am sure was yours and another as sunset over a beach had to be your work too. Am I right on this ?

ed

Bob O

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
I ordered one in August, and I love it. They grow very rapidly, and with that being so, keep a close eye out for wire scarring. When I first received it, every branch was badly scarred. I cut them all off, and started from scratch. They produce thorns, that of which, I clip to make wiring easier on the fingers. Being tropicals, I'm not certain if they'd be able to handle VA's winter temps. You may want to bring it inside to protect from freezes.

Here is what mine looked like earlier.
http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?16369-My-Escambron&highlight=escambron

And here it is now.

That is a great start and with their rapid growth rate it should develope relatively fast in your climate.

I will be keepimg mine in my greenhouse with my other tropical bonsai but I have been advised to keep it on a seed mat because they don't like "cold feet".

Bob O

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Can you not delete the entire thread? In the past I have searched forums and opened the thread only to have missing pics. Then see the replies and think, "it sure would be nice if this would have been left alone for posterity." What's the point of removing the images and posts? You think someone is going to try to use them as their own? Is it just a tantrum you're throwing? I like your art and think you're very talented, but you have a knack for belligerence.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sad? Maybe. Ridiculous? Definitely.

Reaction score
Sad? Maybe. Ridiculous? Definitely.

Coh, I am flattered that you care so much.
A bit confused though... were you not just a month
Or so ago trying to get me kicked off of this site?
So, I am leaving... so, why all the huff and puff?
What, now you don't like how I am leaving?

Last edited:

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Coh, I am flattered that you care so much.
A bit confused though... were you not just a month
Or so ago trying to get me kicked off of this site?
So, I am leaving... so, why all the huff and puff?
What, now you don't like how I am leaving?

I just think it's ridiculous that you are going back and deleting all of your posts. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that on a forum before.

That is all.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just think it's ridiculous that you are going back and deleting all of your posts. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that on a forum before.

That is all.

Actually Poink88 did this first.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This would be more wide spread on other forums. It's just that Greg allows editing forever where other forums have a time limit.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Poink deleted his images (not sure if he deleted them here or if they were hosted on another site) but not every post.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good riddance :)

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nothing ridiculous at all...
I do not wish to be a part of this forum any more, and do
not wish that my ideas, my work, or my creativity... be a part
of it either.
I would ask Greg to remove me and my post in their entirety,
but anytime I have asked him to do anything I have been
ignored. So, this is the only avenue I have left.
I am not mad or upset, in all actuality... I am finding the whole
process, rather therapeutic. It will be nice to start off the New
Year, free of this site.
You have obvious skills and experience that are worth sharing. It's too bad that you can't get along with people, can't tolerate anyone questioning anything you write. Perhaps it would be best if you started a blog, where you can completely control the narrative and how (if) people are allowed to respond.

Anyway....best wishes! But I suspect you'll be back.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Poink deleted his images (not sure if he deleted them here or if they were hosted on another site) but not every post.

Obviously you only read daily. Whatever....

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Actually Poink88 did this first.

Wrong.

Sawgrass/SAM did it (deleted pics) first. Yes, I did it too much later because of people who keeps saying I am not posting any pictures and hates me for linking threads where they are instead of re-posting pics (which to me is idiotic).

I believe you are one of those who claim I am not posting what I talk about as proof (though I really believe I do not have to prove anything to you or anyone).

This is the 2nd time SAM did this (delete pics and posts).

BTW, I deleted the pics (it is easy being on one folder)...not any of my posts. For the record, I regret deleting the pics and is an error in my part.

Last edited:

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
BTW, I do not know what happened that brought this...and I am glad I don't. :cool:

Top Bottom