Texas Shohin Bald Cypress

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I honestly don't know what is wrong with me.
View attachment 130271

I'm going to need a taller ladder to work the apex.
You do light up a flashing red beacon on top at night don't you? You wouldn't want low flying aircraft running into it and crashing into the swimming pool!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Just have to make sure not sharpen the apex. I'll need a license to work on it if I do.
So, in Texas you have to be licensed to sharpen apexi? Who knew?

I dunno about that drone thing... the downdraft might muss up the poolboy's hair as he's serving your wife those drinks with the little umbrellas!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
you ever tune into that Adam Lavigne fellow? funny guy. anyway, he repotted a monster BC similar to yours recently. he Put up a time lapse video of it, linked below. figure you might benefit in some way or another watching it.

Woulda been easier to chain it to a back-hoe and just lift her on out, work the roots and re-pot....

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
you ever tune into that Adam Lavigne fellow? funny guy. anyway, he repotted a monster BC similar to yours recently. he Put up a time lapse video of it, linked below. figure you might benefit in some way or another watching it.

Interesting. I hadn't seen that before. He did it in leaf too - I've always done all my BC repotting in early spring before bud break.

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
haha to each their own I guess, he's in florida, so maybe they are less deciduous over there? IDK, im not too familiar with them, although I do have one growing in my yard. awesome tree you have there, impressive.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
You likely already know this, but if you don't read/follow his website is www.adamaskwhy.com

Thanks quiet. I did know about his blog and have read it on occasion. Seems like an interesting guy, but I don't know him outside of a few emails we've exchanged. I'd read it more often, but bnut takes all my spare time!

Last edited:

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
haha to each their own I guess, he's in florida, so maybe they are less deciduous over there? IDK, im not too familiar with them, although I do have one growing in my yard. awesome tree you have there, impressive.

I'll be repotting it in a few weeks as I don't think it's been done in a while and I like to grow mine in the same substrate I'm using on my other bald cypress.

Top Bottom