The Social Isolation Thread

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
No social isolation for me! I have a double exemption: agriculture and IT. so, no extra tree time for me. :-(
I'm in ag also. But since it's so wet here, they have all of our locations go half staff this week and next, switching groups so when the farmers can get out in the field, hopefully we have a healthy workforce.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'm in ag also. But since it's so wet here, they have all of our locations go half staff this week and next, switching groups so when the farmers can get out in the field, hopefully we have a healthy workforce.
Self isolation for me! Went to town today for the first time since release from the hospital on the 13th of this month. ( Back Surgery) Had to have stitches removed and renew pain management prescriptions. Lots of projects to do in the garden, but will have to wait until I can walk properly and lift over 10 lbs. Strange to see everything except essential services closed, empty streets and sidewalks. Pharmacy allowing a few persons inside at a time, waited in the car until the doctor was ready then straight to an examination room, then straight out again. Being a bit older and having some health complications presently, I am grateful to see the public responding and helping to control the spread.
Happy to be on an acreage at this time.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Self isolation for me! Went to town today for the first time since release from the hospital on the 13th of this month. ( Back Surgery) Had to have stitches removed and renew pain management prescriptions. Lots of projects to do in the garden, but will have to wait until I can walk properly and lift over 10 lbs. Strange to see everything except essential services closed, empty streets and sidewalks. Pharmacy allowing a few persons inside at a time, waited in the car until the doctor was ready then straight to an examination room, then straight out again. Being a bit older and having some health complications presently, I am grateful to see the public responding and helping to control the spread.
Happy to be on an acreage at this time.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. My company is actually being very cautious and supportive of its work force. All our facilities are locked and no customers allowed inside. All business has to be conducted by phone, email or text. All of us that have to take a week off are getting paid without having to use any PTO.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Haven't done any tree work the past two days, waiting on the crapes to show a sign of life. But I did clean out my pantry, 2 cupboards and 2 closets. I have 2 giant garbage bags full of clothes to take to Goodwill, so I've been productive. Anybody need a shitload of hangers????

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Australia now on limited shutdown. All non essential activity to be shut down so I did not go to work.
Instead I had my hair cut. Hairdressing is recognized as an essential service here so exempt from the shutdown!

Fortunately this shutdown here coincides with Autumn pine shoot and needle reduction time so I spent the rest of the day with some pines.
IMGP6995.JPGIMGP6999.JPG
IMGP7000.JPGIMGP7001.JPG
IMGP7002.JPGIMGP7003.JPG
IMGP7005.JPGIMGP7006.JPG
IMGP7007.JPGIMGP7008.JPG

The more advanced pines still to do...........

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I bet you could incorporate a covered, padded bed in a location with some sun when he wants it and shade when he doesn't, and it could be his default guard shack. ...With a bowl of water you could fill everyday when you do the trees... Make it a nice looking feature, put up a sign, "No Squirrels allowed beyond this point". He could chase critters in-between your trees.:rolleyes:

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I’m on house arrest, so getting some things done. Moved a dwarf smokebush from nursery bucket to its first pot.
Mostly I’ve been bringing pots in a few at a time, cleaning up dead leaves and grooming the soil surface. Everybody is getting their first dose of systemic insecticide and organic fertilizer, and new surface dressing moss as needed.So far I’ve done fifteen azaleas, seven quince, with at least as many more to go. Plus a crab, two contorted hazels, a pearl bush, and one or two other oddballs. Then there’s the tropicals in the basement. What’s wrong with me?

Top Bottom