US National Bonsai Exhibition, Sept 8-9, 2018

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Actually, there are signs posted throughout the display area about not taking any pictures. Cameras are to be left in your car.

Bummer! Wish I could go!!! Good luck again to all the nutters with entries.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah, no pics. Check Bill's blog, he may post some photos today or over the weekend. And if you're on facebook, people often post pics of their own trees once they're set up (that is allowed).

I'll see if I can get some overall photos of the exhibition (photos of the set up, groups of trees, etc) but won't be able to do individual tree portraits.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Thats a bit silly.
Not really. Bill has each tree and display professionally photographed and creates a book with the photos for each exhibition. Ultimately, it's his baby, so his rules. I don't have a problem with it.

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Buying the photobook is a great way to support the exhibition and Bill’s efforts to put it on every two years. Besides, the photos will be far better than your cell phone pics.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
What time do doors open?

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Buying the photobook is a great way to support the exhibition and Bill’s efforts to put it on every two years. Besides, the photos will be far better than your cell phone pics.

The book is fantastic. I have a copy of all five. Six after this year.

S

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'm leaving in 10 minutes, it's a 5 hour drive from here. If you see a guy with green hair on Sunnday say hi. It's me (Gavin) or GGB works

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I can attest to the above statement.

Top Bottom