What are you doing this Labor Day Weekend

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bonsai wise. Fertilizing. Cleaning out the wintering area and start building an enclosure. Mixing up more peanut butter and concrete. Maybe put some young elms and Tamarack and Scots pines in the ground to grow.
Then since my wife doesn't get home until after midnight Rupert and I will be lurking in the woods. Looking for Bigfoot. There's been a couple reports in the last couple weeks of odd things. Weird noises and sounds. Someone says they saw eye shine 7 or 8 feet off the ground next to the road about 5 miles from here.

RickMartin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Bonsai wise. Fertilizing. Cleaning out the wintering area and start building an enclosure. Mixing up more peanut butter and concrete. Maybe put some young elms and Tamarack and Scots pines in the ground to grow.
Then since my wife doesn't get home until after midnight Rupert and I will be lurking in the woods. Looking for Bigfoot. There's been a couple reports in the last couple weeks of odd things. Weird noises and sounds. Someone says they saw eye shine 7 or 8 feet off the ground next to the road about 5 miles from here.

Mike i would pay good money for you to ship me one of those elms..i cant find any down here..I have my sejiu, but i want a american elm.

Rick

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Going to the Lake of the Ozarks for 4 days of drinking, eating, relaxing and .... Got the son on tree duty :(. But have a backup. It's going to be cooler this weekend, so think they'll be OK, we've had a lot of rain lately and will make sure they're in good shape before we leave. Fingers crossed! Considered taking a couple of the little ones with me, but thought that what would be a little OCD!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Someone says they saw eye shine 7 or 8 feet off the ground next to the road about 5 miles from here.

What were you doing over there!?

Ha!

I'll be fishing as much as possible...maybe camp in the backyard with the kids....

And what else....yeah.....get a long weekend and all of a sudden....baseball again! All weekend!

Sorce

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Mike i would pay good money for you to ship me one of those elms..i cant find any down here..I have my sejiu, but i want a american elm.

Rick

I seem to have successfully rooted a few American elm cuttings so I might have a few extra next year too.

armetisius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
. . . Rupert and I will be lurking in the woods . . . reports . . . of odd things. Weird noises and sounds. . . . eye shine 7 or 8 feet off the ground . . . 5 miles from here.

Don't understand it but I cannot find the thread; didn't we discuss the dangers of
mixing Habanero sauce with Chinese take out?
Seriously; hope everyone has a safe, relaxing, holiday.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Working on some trees, doing final prep on my entry for the Nationals and finishing my new website. Last but not least getting ready to welcome Hermine! :eek: I hope everyone southward did ok by it and most importantly those in Oklahoma and beyond are all safe and sound from the earthquake!

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
Putting together a brand new in box Juliana 300 greenhouse that the manufacturer didn't bother to include instructions with and the new instructions are all different:) Good times!

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
"Labor Day" is celebrated on May 1st here :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Workers'_Day

In France, 1 May is a public holiday. It is, in fact, the only day of the year on which employees are legally obliged to be given leave, save professions which cannot be interrupted due to their nature (such as workers in hospitals and public transport).[50] Demonstrations and marches are a Labour Day tradition in France, where trade unions organise parades in major cities to defend workers' rights. It is also customary to offer a lily of the valley to friends or family. This custom dates back to 1561, where Charles IX, aged 10, waiting for his accession to the throne, gave a lily of the valley to all ladies present. Today, the fiscal administration exempts individuals and workers' organisations from any tax or administrative duties related to the sales of lilies of the valley, provided they are gathered from the wild, and not bought to be resold.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Rick
When it turns into fall I'll send a little one. Pm me with an address and we will see what Santa brings.

Top Bottom