petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Cool! Thanks for posting this.Just the inspiration I was looking for.I always did like raft bonsai.
I have a bunch of Zelkova cuttings and at least a couple will be shaped for this and put in the ground.
I can get a 2” trunk in a couple seasons with Zelkova!
You're welcome, thank you too. I admire what you can do with your Zelkova, I struggle with mine. I might re-read your older Zelkova thread or question you on your Zelkova thread if I don't find answers.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
... and this is the bottom part of the ch. privet.
View attachment 204457

I still repeat the same mistake... putting trees that need some more development to too small pots, at least it saves room.
Not necessarily a mistake, unless you are in a big hurry.
Personally, I think lots of little trees is more fun than one biggie. It is even more so when you're on the 11th floor, I imagine.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Not necessarily a mistake, unless you are in a big hurry.
Personally, I think lots of little trees is more fun than one biggie. It is even more so when you're on the 11th floor, I imagine.
Yes, that's it. Wanna say if I had more room I would go for bigger pots for all my trees in development.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
As I imagine your situation, trees must compete for the honor of being in a big pot for a while. :)
I've expanded my collection of little crap because the 'grow big' guys are just so dam boring right now - wire this, wait, season over, trim, yawn.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Great thread to help ones who have the S trunk and wish to rectify that tree some how. Great thread...
Thank you, Darlene. There's some more great threads with better trees on the forum, but I wanted to show some variation, more choices that a given material can provide. I'm pleased you like it.

Top Bottom