Another japanese nursery for Barry :)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
After the last japanese nursery upset Barry so much, I though you'd all enjoy this one a little more :) Yamataen bonsai nursery (and homemade tea grower) can be visited here (Japanese only). Here are some photos:

yamataen0.jpg

yamataen1.jpg

yamataen2.jpg

yamataen3.jpg

yamataen4.jpg

yamataen5.jpg

yamataen6.jpg

yamataen7.jpg

yamataen8.jpg

yamataen9.jpg

Oh look! It's my greenhouse! NOT!

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Very nice. I simply must go sometime.

I spotted a sweet one (even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and a while) and made a note on the attached photo.

Attachments

• Untitled 1.JPG
    Untitled 1.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 34

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I focused on that one to Graydon.....but closer inspection might show that it is a root over rock. Photoshop couldn't clear it up enough to be sure. :)

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This nursery seems more interesting with greater variety and no miles of aisles of JPB (although some people might consider that heaven.

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
I focused on that one to Graydon.....but closer inspection might show that it is a root over rock. Photoshop couldn't clear it up enough to be sure. :)

Dang. Now that you said that I think I can see that and not trunk. Oh well. Still lots of nice stuff.

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
I too saw the same one as the rest of you....

That looks like a awesome nursery packed with very cool trees. What I like about it is not all the trees are similar, I see some trunks with very extreme movement.... not to typical in that neck of the woods.... atleast from what I have seen on line...

Thanks for posting this!
Jason

Attachments

• yamataen6[1].jpg
    yamataen6[1].jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
And then, on the opposite end of the spectrum, another Japanese nursery whose name will go unmentioned...

top.jpg

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
wow, this is truly an amazing place, i even think the trees around the nursery look good lol

Top Bottom