BRT_Nuts - Important info about Brazilian Raintree Cultivars

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So basically it would be the same as asking me if Dutch was similar to German then 😂😂😅
This is pretty much exactly what I tell people yeah. THey are very similar. But if you do not grow up in a border region, you just do not understand the other language. But spanish and portugese are closer.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Puedo hablar un español muy básico. El portugués es similar, ¿verdad?

Bueno, eso estuvo muy bien hecho! ¡Casi perfecto español! ¿Echarle la culpa a Google, supongo? hahahahahahahaha

Portuguese is very similar, same root (Latin-Romance) but Spanish is spoken in all other latin-american countries.

Pixar

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Just wondering where can I get hold of some seeds for the thornless variety of the BRT ( I am in New Zealand ) happy to send out seeds from here

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just wondering where can I get hold of some seeds for the thornless variety of the BRT ( I am in New Zealand ) happy to send out seeds from here
What I think to know is that the thornless is a variety, and thus, only produced from cuttings/layers

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have 1 brt at home with me regular breed I guess would say I kinda hurt it sadly 😥 but everything seems ok still plenty of green in the bark and what not. It's 6-7 years old I ordered a 2nd yesterday that's older and bigger just waiting on warm enuff weather for it to be shipped here

Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
Puedo hablar un español muy básico. El portugués es similar, ¿verdad?

I don’t want to know how terrible that sentence was 😅😅😂
If a Brazilian guy spokes to me I will have a hard time knowing what its saying so not that all simillar 🤣 , The "Gallego" spoked in Galicia in north Spain its similar to portuguese though

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
BTW there customer service is AMAZING the lady I've been talking to is super nice and had awsered all my questions even video called a couple of times yesterday for example so I could pick my second BRT out I just posted a picture of it I would post my one I have with me but she's kinda rough I used to much neem 😔

SWfloirda

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Personally I think Wigert's would be a much better option. Lou's stock seems incredibly overpriced.

Pixar

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Any chance someone can post a cutting from a tree ? posting will be to New Zealand

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Personally I think Wigert's would be a much better option. Lou's stock seems incredibly overpriced.
There about the same I looked on both sights I'm from out of state also from what I've seen is there trees are 6 years+ now I may be wrong I'm not sure

Top Bottom