BRT_Nuts - Important info about Brazilian Raintree Cultivars

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
UPDATES!

1-)
Definitely the new name of the "common" BRT has changed from Pithecellobium Tortum to Chloroleucon Tortum.

2-) The BRT cork bark cultivar is, in fact, another species of Chloroleucon (old Pithecellobium), called "Chloroleucon Tenuiflorum", and there's another one called "Chloroleucon Dumusum", from the Northeast regions of Brazil.

3-) I have found two Brazilian growers specialized in BRT bonsai, and they have nice examples of the cork bark, incredible trees. The pictures below are all examples of Chloroleucon Tenuiflorum , enjoy.

20201101_202635.jpg

20201101_204613.jpg

20201101_202514.jpg

20201101_202430.jpg

20201101_202449.jpg

20201101_202540.jpg

20201101_202615.jpg

@leatherback @LanceMac10 you must see those trees!
😎

Last edited:

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Looks like it's almost the opposite of the 'Too Tall Jones" syndrome characteristic of BRT. ?

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Sure would love to get a small starter of this plant. Anybody know where one can be found?
I've got one myself.
But outside Brazil I guess it's going to be very difficult to find one, as it is a protected species.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A bit surprising that they are not propagating the crap out of this, especially as it is endangered. There are many many plants that are very rare and thus in propagation. There are even plants in propagation that are so rare they are no longer found in nature.
Oh well, "ever desireless ones sees the mystery".

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
start learning portugese and/or get @Clicio to be your guide. English is less frequently spoken than in Germany
Wow that’s saying something considering English is not that widely spoken here, only in the big cities. So Brazil has as many English speakers as they do German speakers then...😂😂.
I’d better start the portuguese lessons then, damn I need a useful language!

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Puedo hablar un español muy básico. El portugués es similar, ¿verdad?

I don’t want to know how terrible that sentence was 😅😅😂

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Wow that’s saying something considering English is not that widely spoken here, only in the big cities. So Brazil has as many English speakers as they do German speakers then...😂😂.
I’d better start the portuguese lessons then, damn I need a useful language!

I think we do have many English speakers on the right spots.
Most Brazilians can understand and speak some Spanish, which I think worldwide is a more widely used language than Portuguese, so maybe better learn Spanish which will be more useful.
On the other hand, Brazil right now is not a very safe country to be by yourself, so...
If you need assistance, just call!

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well I won’t be traveling anytime soon. Not for a long while, not until things return to “normal”. Whatever normal is anymore!

Top Bottom