Progressive 2016 Bonsai Tip Cooperative

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I think the key to a successful tree design is to tell one story. Never more, or your audience will walk away confused. For example, if your trunk is rugged and beat up, don't make your foliage pads or branches neat and organized. Follow through from top to bottom with what you are expressing.

I also find that trying to search for the subtle inner movements and at times complex rhythms within a tree is probably the hardest thing to do in bonsai.

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
If you want to guywire a branch down but there is no place to fix it too, just stick your wire in a hole at the bottom of the pot and pull it from there towards the branch.
It can take quite a lot of force before it will come loose.

augustine

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Try to get involved in a bonsai community like a club. A good club will provide knowledge, help and access to material.

Look and ask around to find opportunities to dig landscape material with bonsai potential.

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
- When You are collecting broadleave yamadori material walk and search a lot
- Look on 500 potential trees, bend down on your knees to 100 to check nebari and lower part of the trunk and collect 1 which is best
- It is not shame to come home from hunting trip without any material at all if you did not find good one
- Work with best available (affordable) material (for you) from beginning if you have sufficient horticultural skill to keep it alive
- Is You do not have horticultural skills, and You are new to bonsai first (at least) two seasons dedicate to master them
- collect nebari, trunk and character( movement, bark, shape ... )

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just used about a terabyte of data charges liking and unliking Maros' post, cuz it's that important!

Going collecting?
Go with this printed out.
Can't hack it?
Don't waste your time.

Now, where's that thread about deciduous Yamadori in America?

Sorce

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Be honest about your abilities to care for your trees. They are lives that you are responsible for. If you know that you are not financially, physically or emotionally stable enough (or a combination of the three) don't get more trees and find good homes for the ones you have.

By the way, HI EVERYONE! I'm alive.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Been gone to long to know why.....

"This kind of feels like Jordan coming BACK to basketball"

Is relevant further than....

Welcome back to Crazy!

Qwade popped one post....

You got 2.....

Don't go!

Sorce

Tip? Don't leave the NUT.
Or is that.....no Nut no, don't leave the tip?

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Be honest about your abilities to care for your trees. They are lives that you are responsible for. If you know that you are not financially, physically or emotionally stable enough (or a combination of the three) don't get more trees and find good homes for the ones you have.

By the way, HI EVERYONE! I'm alive.
Hi Milehigh_7,
I really like your tip.
It's very good to see you are still alive! ;)
Bonhe

Top Bottom