I just saw this on my BRT - fungus, mildew? What I need to do?

Jeramiah

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
I actually have a customer that I work with that does just this. She uses the Sumo Cakes on her houseplants. She places a few cakes in a gallon jug. Shakes the jug and lets them dissolve. Then waters like she normally does.

And how often she repeats it, do you know? Maybe it depends also on the bonsai and size and in how much water she dissolves it also[/QUOTE]

She said she does this once a month. Every other time she waters. But remember these are houseplants in potting soil and not bonsai in bonsai soil.

janaiya

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
well, mine is bonsai in bonsai nursery soil and its a big bonsai just as big as a houseplant. I don't think it makes a difference. I mixed 2 sumo cakes in a gallon of water and watered him yesterday with it. We will see if he likes it or not. After I cleaned all the branches and the trunk I think that was some stress also, more for the leaves. But the respond was pretty good for now. I will let him be now and observe. Thanks Jeramiah

janaiya

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
no, not at all. Common Geckos here are sort of pinkish and nocturnal.

pinkish and nocturnal, I guess I don't see any Gecco's at all. But today I had a very weird surprise in my garden today. Poor thing with 1 leg and arm missing :eek:, not sure where he wanted to go but he was not searching the water for sure. Now I am missing only a crocodile in my yard

crab.jpg

Jeramiah

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
How are things going with the tree?

janaiya

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Jeremia, thx for checking. The BRT is doing better. Now shedding old leaves after a Neem oil treatment. I also applied ferrous sulfates to the watering one time and the results are amazingly green new leaves and of course the Sumo cakes are always there. I have still variegated leaves growing as well, a few, who knows I am growing a new variety of BRT.
And my tree is blooming again.
My watering schedule did not change either, we can already tell now by just looking at the tree when it needs water, it literally says I need water.
I am letting it just grow and do what it wants and in April we should be good to check out the roots.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hi Jeremia, thx for checking. The BRT is doing better. Now shedding old leaves after a Neem oil treatment. I also applied ferrous sulfates to the watering one time and the results are amazingly green new leaves and of course the Sumo cakes are always there. I have still variegated leaves growing as well, a few, who knows I am growing a new variety of BRT.
And my tree is blooming again.
My watering schedule did not change either, we can already tell now by just looking at the tree when it needs water, it literally says I need water.
I am letting it just grow and do what it wants and in April we should be good to check out the roots.
You mean you still have the virus. Viruses are not curable, although they may not kill, or even sometimes otherwise affect the plant. Your glass is half-full. Gotta watch the Neem in the future: the thin leaves of BRT almost always react badly when sprayed with hort oils. Re-foliating would normally be expected in March due mostly to increased photo-period. Keep the sicko away from the new one because viruses spread easily. Let us know when #2 catches it. (Don't throw anything at the computer, -you can't get to me.)

Top Bottom