Put up or Shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Does a comment like this further the advancement of bonsai?
Neither does it further the advancement of humanity.
Come on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please do, I'm sure you can find the door.

Hahaha sawgrass you need a hobby, besides beating up on people on the internet. Oh, well maybe 2 hobbies then... bonsai/golf? Have you ever consider anger management therapy? I'm not making a joke with that one, it could be seriously helpful to you.

You prattle on about your expertise and trees like a petulant child. And look down your nose at anyone in your way, like ny here. I don't give 2 s**ts what your trees look like. Because I have always valued humility over vanity, particularly when it comes to people earning my respect. You could be the greatest bonsai master there is, but you're still an amateur human being. Congrats.
You have now been here twice... on a thread that I created...
Mind you, I did not seek you, or NY out to come and comment
on my thread... But, yet you both thought it was, I guess your B-Nut Civic
Duty, to come and try to correct me and my ways !!!
Are you freaking Shitting Me ??? and I am the problem ???
Don't like what you read, except some personal responsibility and click away !!!

Have I ever in the history of B-Nut even of commented on anyone of your post???
Have I ever come to any of your threads and tried to correct what you had posted, or
tried to show you the errors of your way ??? Or, hey... what about this ??? Have I ever
came and posted some stupid picture describing your thread??? And yet I some how have
the problem, even though you are on my thread !!!

I have been once, let me repeat that... ONCE, to any of NY's threads, and that was after
he just now started talking shit, and being a smart ass about how perhaps I could enlighten him !!!
Seems to me if you suck ass at Bonsai, you wouldn't try and draw attention to yourself.
I mean, what kind of an idiot goes and talks shit, when they can't even back it up !!!

I never claimed to be a "great bonsai" artist... I never went around saying, hey look at me...
I have the best bonsai in the world...I did, however say that I have something to offer folks
because I have done some things that others may have not, which if you had actually read
any of this thread, before you decided to post your BS, you might have seen that I have
been asked questions already on how to do certain procedures. I also, did say as well that
I wasn't going to take your or anyone else's shit anymore !!! So keep on. Ohh, and the me
leaving thing... that was a joke !!!

EDIT*** I have since decided that seeing that you guys want to come to my thread and talk
shit, that I would return the favor. Just because I am nice, I only hit yours once, unlike the
multiple posts you have done to me... let me know if I need to continue though???
How's that for some anger management ???

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does a comment like this further the advancement of bonsai?
Neither does it further the advancement of humanity.
Come on.
Thanks Coffeegirl !!! they are not coming here to do any of what they
claim to be doing... they are just trying to start a fight.

Reaction score
OH... Cypress, one more thing... I don't need a hobby.
When I am not busy doing Bonsai, I am busy making a living
doing Chinese Brush Paintings with Sumie Ink on Rice-paper.
Between the 2 I usually put in about an 12 to 18 hr day.
OOOPS... But there I go again saying look at me !!!
Perhaps... I will start posting these here on this thread as well ?
IMG_3103.jpgIMG_3104.jpgazl1.jpgjun1.jpgIMG_2967.jpg

Reaction score
And a few more... Oh my goodness, my ego is taking off now !!!
IMG_2941.jpgIMG_2950.jpgIMG_2993.jpgIMG_3006.jpgIMG_3022.jpg

Cypress

Shohin
Reaction score
You have now been here twice... on a thread that I created...
Mind you, I did not seek you, or NY out to come and comment
on my thread... But, yet you both thought it was, I guess your B-Nut Civic
Duty, to come and try to correct me and my ways !!!
Are you freaking Shitting Me ??? and I am the problem ???
Don't like what you read, except some personal responsibility and click away !!!

Have I ever in the history of B-Nut even of commented on anyone of your post???
Have I ever come to any of your threads and tried to correct what you had posted, or
tried to show you the errors of your way ??? Or, hey... what about this ??? Have I ever
came and posted some stupid picture describing your thread??? And yet I some how have
the problem, even though you are on my thread !!!

I have been once, let me repeat that... ONCE, to any of NY's threads, and that was after
he just now started talking shit, and being a smart ass about how perhaps I could enlighten him !!!
Seems to me if you suck ass at Bonsai, you wouldn't try and draw attention to yourself.
I mean, what kind of an idiot goes and talks shit, when they can't even back it up !!!

Your original post was inflammatory and was aimed at insulting many people on this forum, I don't post threads to insult people, let alone half the forum. You have harassed me in other threads before and it's really pitiful.

Suck ass at bonsai? Haha. Because after only one year of learning bonsai, and developing raw stock, I should have world class trees?

Reaction score
Your original post was inflammatory and was aimed at insulting many people on this forum, I don't post threads to insult people, let alone half the forum. You have harassed me in other threads before and it's really pitiful.

Suck ass at bonsai? Haha. Because after only one year of learning bonsai, and developing raw stock, I should have world class trees?
So, because you think my original post was inflammatory, it is
your civic duty as a member of the "numb nuts", to try and correct what
I write ??? Now, you are here a 3rd time trashing my thread. I will return
the favor.

Side note... if you again, actually read anything written... you might notice
that I didn't say you suck ass at bonsai...

Reaction score
Are we finished ??? I mean, if you want to continue,
then by all means... seems a tad bit silly, but hey...

Reaction score
Perhaps you just need to calm down, take a deep breath and
ponder about that anger management thing you were talking about.

You know... for the record, I have had to fight at this his stupid
forum for a very long time... all because I just wanted to do as
you wanted to do, talk about Bonsai. I have taken more shit than
you will possibly ever know, and for what ??? I mean... when do we all
say this is just dumb ???

I posted what I did at the beginning of the thread, because it is true !!!
Most of the people here don't know a damn thing about Bonsai, but
there's such a ridiculous macho feeling and you have to act as though you do.
You accuse me of trying to be this egotistical Bonsai guy that knows everything
and wants all this attention... And what the hell do you think you are doing ???
I mean, at least I kinda know some things about Bonsai... what's your excuse ???

You keep trying to tell me I don't know anything about Bonsai... Really ???
And how would you know ??? I mean, in order to know I don't know much about
bonsai, you would have to have a least an equal, or greater knowledge of the art
itself... now, wouldn't you ???

So, if everyone just shut the F up... perhaps you might learn something, and
be able to do things, and not just talk about things...

Last edited:

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
If you refuse to fight with someone does that mean- to you- they've won?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 23

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Think about this.
Will all of you please make one of these your screen saver or background?
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

Swampy,
I'm not sure where I talked shit, is it because I stated members who helped me have more knowledge and better trees than you? That is a fact apparent to anyone with a set of eyes when comparing their trees to yours. Stuff like that wouldn't come up if you didn't turn this into a competition. Don't get so mad, NASA satellite can now pick up images of the bulging vein in your forehead.

You say I'm talking shit and go on to say I'm a smart ass, I suck ass at bonsai and then called me an idiot. Bravo, another fine Swampass contribution. If drama follows you everywhere, how is it always everyone else's fault? Especially when you make those types of comments toward me or anyone else. The only thing you are teaching others here is how not to behave.

Reaction score
Swampy,
I'm not sure where I talked shit, is it because I stated members who helped me have more knowledge and better trees than you? That is a fact apparent to anyone with a set of eyes when comparing their trees to yours. Stuff like that wouldn't come up if you didn't turn this into a competition. Don't get so mad, NASA satellite can now pick up images of the bulging vein in your forehead.

You say I'm talking shit and go on to say I'm a smart ass, I suck ass at bonsai and then called me an idiot. Bravo, another fine Swampass contribution. If drama follows you everywhere, how is it always everyone else's fault? Especially when you make those types of comments toward me or anyone else. The only thing you are teaching others here is how not to behave.

Yep!!! You are right!!!
It's my fault, this is why you are here again at my thread yet one more time talking
shit !!! Consider the favor repaid...

Reaction score
You keep missing the part about how I didn't seek you out...
About, how I didn't come to your post and try and comment on what
you have wrote...
You think you are somehow doing some noble job here, trying to at
first insult me, then teach me the errors of my ways...
I don't know if you or your buddies who are thanking you know,
I didn't start shit with you... but I will be sure to finish it !!!

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Oh boy...Getting a crazy around here. Sawgrass. I think all your work is very nice. Your trees, brush work and pot work has an inspiring uniqueness to it. Also, for someone in a tropical climate or any climate actually, your juniper work is exemplary. However, I think you know that when you title a thread "Put up or Shut up, it is just a matter of time before things get ugly. Perhaps "My Labor of Love" or "Welcome to my Forum Exhibition" would have been better. After all, that's what this is. Your art on display an exhibition for us to enjoy. There is no winning to this arguement on any side. I hope that the current theme in this thread is dropped without saying anything and new art is posted.

Rob

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Sawgrass you're trolling. That is not a value statement - it is fact. You are baiting people to start arguments. Why? I have no idea. But if you bait people, and they respond, don't act surprised that they did what you wanted them to do. It is disingenuous and a waste of all of our time.

If you post something on a public forum, it is an invitation for public comment. If you show your trees at a judged bonsai show, it is an invitation to be judged. You can practice bonsai in the privacy of your backyard and share nothing with anyone (as many people do) and that is fine too.

I was recently at a Bonsai Exhibition where Harry Hirao was showing one of his favorite trees. I don't like it. It is a very figurative design and I hesitate to call it bonsai because it is kinda like a representation of bonsai within bonsai. Now Harry Hirao has such a reputation he really is beyond criticism. I look at his tree and try to tell myself - it is not the tree that is bad, it is your appreciation of the tree that is bad. I just can't do it :) Now do you think Harry stays up at night wondering what I think of his trees? Do you think he gives a hoot what I type about his trees on this forum? I doubt it. He is comfortable within his own skin. He can share his trees and say "like it or don't like it - here is my tree to be shared".

I appreciate you sharing your work. I don't understand the hostility. I would assume you would be above the fray.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
And I suggest that, as Moderator here, you might consider closing this thread!

Whatever the purpose was, it has been served -- or mis-served -- in spades.

Reaction score
Oh boy...Getting a crazy around here. Sawgrass. I think all your work is very nice. Your trees, brush work and pot work has an inspiring uniqueness to it. Also, for someone in a tropical climate or any climate actually, your juniper work is exemplary. However, I think you know that when you title a thread "Put up or Shut up, it is just a matter of time before things get ugly. Perhaps "My Labor of Love" or "Welcome to my Forum Exhibition" would have been better. After all, that's what this is. Your art on display an exhibition for us to enjoy. There is no winning to this arguement on any side. I hope that the current theme is this thread is dropped without saying anything and new art is posted.

Rob

Thank you Rob for your comments...
Perhaps if the others had come here and voiced their
Opinions in a civilized way, they might have received a
Different treatment...

Listen, I am not leaving this time, unless b-nut wants to kick
Me off. I don't have too... I also don't have to like or treat anyone
Here with respect. I didn't do shit to anyone, and if you come to
My threads and try and talk shit , you will get what you deserve.
The sooner this is learned the better we all will be. I clearly stated
This at the beginning of my thread, these guys either didn't read
What was written, or chose tho ignore it and post away.

Sad part is that I am sure Cypress and NY are very nice guys, who
Are new to bonsai and probably will get very good at it. I honestly
Hope they do ! For anyone who actually knows me, knows that I will
Go out on a limb to help anyone, as well as do just about anything for
Anyone... but I will not take shit from anyone, especially when I don't
Deserve it.

Rob, I don't know if you know this or not, but it does not matter what I
Call a thread. I will still have some a-hole coming here and talking shit.
So, no... I will post what I post and if people don't like it, than to bad !

Thanks though Rob, for actually treating this in a dignified manner.

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
unless b-nut wants to kick Me off.

I don't want to kick anyone off. This site is about advancing the art of bonsai. It is not about egos - mine or anyone else's. It is not about being "right" it is about seeking understanding. It is not about being "best" it is about making friends. It is not about being "perfect" it is about improving.

I know that the majority of bonsai enthusiasts do not visit / use bonsai forums. Many who come to this site do so only as guests, or as anonymous members who only view and read, and who never post. Part of the reason they do this is because they don't want to be criticized - because they are self-conscious or because they just don't want to be bothered with the negativity.

I have thought about adding a forum that would be "post your trees - no comments allowed" but then I thought that is kinda like what the gallery is (though you can still comment on gallery pictures). And at the end of the day - forums are about the interaction. There is no easy solution. And I have given up trying to change people when I can barely change myself :) So I try to guide the behavior into better paths - without cutting it off entirely by banning people, deleting threads, etc.

Reaction score
Sawgrass you're trolling. That is not a value statement - it is fact. You are baiting people to start arguments. Why? I have no idea. But if you bait people, and they respond, don't act surprised that they did what you wanted them to do. It is disingenuous and a waste of all of our time.

If you post something on a public forum, it is an invitation for public comment. If you show your trees at a judged bonsai show, it is an invitation to be judged. You can practice bonsai in the privacy of your backyard and share nothing with anyone (as many people do) and that is fine too.

I was recently at a Bonsai Exhibition where Harry Hirao was showing one of his favorite trees. I don't like it. It is a very figurative design and I hesitate to call it bonsai because it is kinda like a representation of bonsai within bonsai. Now Harry Hirao has such a reputation he really is beyond criticism. I look at his tree and try to tell myself - it is not the tree that is bad, it is your appreciation of the tree that is bad. I just can't do it :) Now do you think Harry stays up at night wondering what I think of his trees? Do you think he gives a hoot what I type about his trees on this forum? ItI doubt it. He is comfortable within his own skin. He can share his trees and say "like it or don't like it - here is my tree to be shared".

I appreciate you sharing your work. I don't understand the hostility. I would assume you would be above the fray.
Actually... sorry but you are incorrect !!!
I am not trolling... as a matter of fact if you look you will clearly see that
Anyone who has come here and treated me with respect has gotten it in return.

I am sorry that you and others do not appreciate my post title,.or
My comments here at the nut. It is just a reflection of the treatment that I have had
To endure from the moment I first came here years ago. As I stated to Rob, it would
Matter not what I called the thread, folks here would still comment as they do.
Don't believe me... go and look for yourself at all of the threads I have posted that ended
Up the same way. There are folks here who don't like me... for what ever reason, I am sure
Yourself included, and rather than moving on... they choose instead to continue the grudge.

I would be more than willing to post sincere threads, with sincere titles if I wasn't treated like
Shit from folks here... but, this seems to be a long term problem that was here way before I ever
Showed up here... and continues clearly even when I am not here. Perhaps it is a mediation
Problem... or lack there of ?

So, do as the others suggest... close my thread.
You will have to ban me... and for real this time! Or I will just come and post again.
If you ban me though, some other satisfied customer of b-nut will just take my place.
Or, perhaps solve the problems once and for all, and start up a policy that none of this
Will be tolerated in the first place...

Listen, I want to come here and not have to fight with people I am sure just as much as
You don't want to have fights... but I am not nieve, whether I am so called "trolling" as you
Put it or not... I still face the same shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom