Put Up Or Shut Up!

Ashbarns

Mame
Reaction score
Well there you go Mr. Nut, post amended, perhaps he was generalising. I stand by the balance of my post. Looks like I should get my little camera out and horrify the group.

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Dammmmm, you fellas have been busy all night!
Come first light I will be outside taking pics!

Will, Thank You for posting the pics and Apology accepted! You do have a couple of wee trees that would look much better in my yard :D

The rest of you all need the cameras out and taking those pics!

Al, I love that wee one!

Bnut, Put up them pics!

In order for the young to learn they need to see all sides of the Passion of Bonsai!

And we are the Teachers....Please remember that!
Mom

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I normally only post trees that I believe are at a stage where feedback is needed or to show an initial styling. I have nothing to prove to anyone and I feel this put up or shut up attitude of late to be counter-productive. But since some nameless individual thinks that I only have two trees in my collection, I will endulge the audience at large, this time only. FWIW I am an enthusiast who works in isolation, no clubs, no society let alone any experts outside of the internet to provide me with advice. Enjoy!

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
I normally only post trees that I believe are at a stage where feedback is needed or to show an initial styling. I have nothing to prove to anyone and I feel this put up or shut up attitude of late to be counter-productive. But since some nameless individual thinks that I only have two trees in my collection, I will endulge the audience at large, this time only. FWIW I am an enthusiast who works in isolation, no clubs, no society let alone any experts outside of the internet to provide me with advice. Enjoy!

Thank You Rick!

I too worked in solitude for many years in Bonsai.
Irene

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
last but not least...

The last picture is for the non believers who casually go around thinking my head is... Acquired from nursery stock in '06, original styling '06 and what the treeb looks like today. Height of tree from soil line 7 inches.

bretts

Shohin
Reaction score
I notice your benches have gone up Rick. I want to put benches like that with my pegola. Can you give me a quick rundown on how they are secured. It seems to be floating in the corner with no bracing?

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I notice your benches have gone up Rick. I want to put benches like that with my pegola. Can you give me a quick rundown on how they are secured. It seems to be floating in the corner with no bracing?
The power of Chi my bonsai friend :)

I dis-assembled my "A frame" and used half of it for shelving. The other half can be seen on the back of the deck, where I keep my grow boxes . I screwed a 2x4 to the ballusters and then the shelf planks to the 2x4. You will also notice diagonal bracing at the end of the shelves. The "A frame" top shelf is secured the same way, with the exception of the diagonals (not required) as it is leaning against the ballusters. Woila!

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Man, My efforts lack the style of some of you, guys. Here are some photos: 1) Lattice shading, Cuttings, Shady section (in the sun), sunny section (in the shade), a couple of growing beds, and finally, the garden we show to guests.

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Sorry to be so slow but I did run out and get some pics in between the deluge of rain!
Irene

A Azelea, defoliated Elm, 2 more waiting to be defoliated, and a Texas Ebony experiment.

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
All day we have had rain!
more from the groxes area, a cedar elm over rock, a crape myrtle, 2 wisterias, and a hueisache.

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
No watering for me today!
Podicarpos, different wild olive, varigated Vitexes, Ch. Fringe tree, pines.

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Yup there are more!
These are in the Groxes!
A few that are more than a little on the big side for me!

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
More of my trees..
3 small Texas Cedar Elms for the future (from the dig), Rack of Experimental trees, and 2 close up of some of them.

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Different stages to my yard..
Experimental trees, looking to the southwest corner, another table, Forest of Desert Olives, Bucida Spinosa.

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
And we continue..
My Euro Larch, Kingsville boxwoods, display table, pine rack, Maple waiting area.

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
The last two for today..
Where my nursery is and where I work on them.

Moley-O

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here you go.

11yr old Broadleaf Maple (in root development) with Poodle Tailed "Mallsai" Juniper w/ cuttings
20yr Old Pomegranate
Red Maple and Boxwood
Shimpaku Juniper
J. Maple "Seiryu" and workarea

Jay Wilson

Shohin
Reaction score
Some of my stuff.

EDIT: Pic 1 some temporary benches and their inhabitants.
Pic 2 A native holly (Ilex cassine)
Pic 3 Some florida elms
Pic 4 A collected willow oak
Pic 5 Some oaks

Last edited:
Top Bottom