Put Up Or Shut Up!

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
In the thread called "What have you done this week" Willie Boy thru out the gauntlett!;)
Now being a "fair minded person" I want all to be able to participate!:cool:
So now here it is: The Challenge is your yard and everything in it!
Bonsai related let's see all those projects that are being worked on....No matter if it's digging holes or cleaning the pots, or the ugliest mallsie potential piece of crap you have! You have to show it for all! Right here at Bnut's Place!
(Willie-boy just one thing you should know about this Texas Momma, I was raised with gamblers and learned the game damm well!) So I am calling you to Put Up or Shut Up!!!!:D
Irene

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Challenge is your yard and everything in it!

What's the point? You post, it is forgotten and so you post again and it is forgotten...give someone a inch and they want a mile. This has all been done before, redundancy at it's finest.

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4160&postcount=16

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4243&postcount=58

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4244&postcount=59

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505&highlight=defoliation

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345&highlight=hosta

http://www.artofbonsai.org/feature_articles/mushroom.php

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374&highlight=serissa

http://www.knowledgeofbonsai.org/collecting/basics.php

http://www.knowledgeofbonsai.org/wire/roots.php

More of some of my ongoing projects can be seen in the following publications:

American Bonsai Society Journal - Summer 2007 Issue
American Bonsai Society Journal - Summer 2006 Issue
American Bonsai Society Journal - Winter 2006 Issue
American Bonsai Society Journal - Spring 2006 Issue
Bonsai Today Magazine - Issue #105

And other projects of mine dealing with bonsai art theory can be seen in:

Bonsai Today Magazine - Issue #101
Bonsai Today Magazine - Issue #103

When I decide to take more photos, I'll post them, but not for the sake of proving myself, my accomplishment's speak for themselves, but instead for the articles I write, for my own education, or for my own personal pleasure. It is obvious I don't just have one single tree, it is obvious I do not have world class bonsai, it is also obvious that I do in fact grow bonsai, accents, and that I have many species of plants in various stages of development. It is also obvious that regardless of what is in my backyard, I contribute to the community. When I leave this world, I'll leave behind more than what was there before I came. And that my friends, is all one could ask for.

Put up or shut up? Those words have been used here often.

I put up every single day of the week, Like it or not, I help bring the world of bonsai to your computer, I helped to compile the web's largest collection of world class galleries, the web's largest collection of interviews from world class artists, and the web's largest collection of blogs from the same. I have helped create and run two of the most successful bonsai contests ever on the web and am helping raise the awareness of bonsai as an art form. I am currently on the board of the first American National Bonsai Show (coming soon). I have had my thoughts published in national bonsai magazines on numerous occasions and I actively submit articles for discussion at KoB and AoB, both forums which I also am a co-founder and active editor of.

Bragging? Just stating the facts, like posting a tree, they say this is what I do, this is what I accomplish, this is what I put up, not just trees.

Put up or shut up?

Please, don't insult me.

You want to talk about bonsai then do so, debating me has not accomplished a thing over the last two years, it hasn't stopped me, it hasn't silenced me, and it certainly hasn't harmed me. I ain't going away, AoB and KoB are growing and they are not going anywhere, learn to live with it, or ignore it, but stop wasting time that could be spent talking about bonsai worrying about what I have in my backyard or what I had for breakfast and with who.

My trees are doing just fine. they get better each year, I get better each year, what more could one ask for?

Will

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"Every day and in every way, I am getting better and better!"--Emile Coue

I seem to remember something like this in "What have you done..."
Will Heath said:
Okay, show me yours and I'll post some of mine.

Will

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
What's the point? You post, it is forgotten and so you post again and it is forgotten...give someone a inch and they want a mile. This has all been done before, redundancy at it's finest.

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4160&postcount=16

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4243&postcount=58

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4244&postcount=59

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505&highlight=defoliation

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345&highlight=hosta

http://www.artofbonsai.org/feature_articles/mushroom.php

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374&highlight=serissa

http://www.knowledgeofbonsai.org/collecting/basics.php

http://www.knowledgeofbonsai.org/wire/roots.php

More of some of my ongoing projects can be seen in the following publications:

American Bonsai Society Journal - Summer 2007 Issue
American Bonsai Society Journal - Summer 2006 Issue
American Bonsai Society Journal - Winter 2006 Issue
American Bonsai Society Journal - Spring 2006 Issue
Bonsai Today Magazine - Issue #105

And other projects of mine dealing with bonsai art theory can be seen in:

Bonsai Today Magazine - Issue #101
Bonsai Today Magazine - Issue #103

When I decide to take more photos, I'll post them, but not for the sake of proving myself, my accomplishment's speak for themselves, but instead for the articles I write, for my own education, or for my own personal pleasure. It is obvious I don't just have one single tree, it is obvious I do not have world class bonsai, it is also obvious that I do in fact grow bonsai, accents, and that I have many species of plants in various stages of development. It is also obvious that regardless of what is in my backyard, I contribute to the community. When I leave this world, I'll leave behind more than what was there before I came. And that my friends, is all one could ask for.

I put up every single day of the week, Like it or not, I help bring the world of bonsai to your computer, I helped to compile the web's largest collection of world class galleries, the web's largest collection of interviews from world class artists, and the web's largest collection of blogs from the same. I have helped create and run two of the most successful bonsai contests ever on the web and am helping raise the awareness of bonsai as an art form. I am currently on the board of the first American National Bonsai Show (coming soon). I have had my thoughts published in national bonsai magazines on numerous occasions and I actively submit articles for discussion at KoB and AoB, both forums which I also am a co-founder and active editor of.

Bragging? Just stating the facts, like posting a tree, they say this is what I do, this is what I accomplish, this is what I put up, not just trees.

Put up or shut up?

Please, don't insult me.

You want to talk about bonsai then do so, debating me has not accomplished a thing over the last two years, it hasn't stopped me, it hasn't silenced me, and it certainly hasn't harmed me. I ain't going away, AoB and KoB are growing and they are not going anywhere, learn to live with it, or ignore it, but stop wasting time that could be spent talking about bonsai worrying about what I have in my backyard or what I had for breakfast and with who.

My trees are doing just fine. they get better each year, I get better each year, what more could one ask for?

Will

Now look here Will, this is all in fun and you are starting to act like your postal or something worse!
I do not need to know what or who you had with breakfast!
Damm Boy Lighten Up before you have a heart attack or something!
And I sure as heck was not looking for picture perfect trees either!
You act like I am your worst enemy!
And you need to reread what I said! This is for everybody!
I want to see what everybody is doing with their trees or wanna be trees or the latest experiment that turned into a Frankenstein on Steriods! The nitty gritty shyt we hide when friends come over :eek:
Irene

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I deleted some posts because this thread was starting to turn personal.

Rather, the first time I read Irene's post, I assumed it was targeted towards everyone, not just Will. So... if you care to play along, post some backyard shots showing all your Walmart malsai that you've been hiding from us :)

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
just when i was starting to have fun too... :(

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
I deleted some posts because this thread was starting to turn personal.

Rather, the first time I read Irene's post, I assumed it was targeted towards everyone, not just Will. So... if you care to play along, post some backyard shots showing all your Walmart malsai that you've been hiding from us :)

Thank You Bnut!
Dang I just want to see the crapsai we all buy!
Mom

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The fact that one member can bloviate, and other members replies about that bloviation are deleated and deemed personal is censorship at its finest.

Way to go Nut. Political correctness is just a fancy name for tyranny.

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a

Will

"my accomplishment's speak for themselves"

if so then why bother to mention all of this....

"I put up every single day of the week, Like it or not, I help bring the world of bonsai to your computer, I helped to compile the web's largest collection of world class galleries, the web's largest collection of interviews from world class artists, and the web's largest collection of blogs from the same. I have helped create and run two of the most successful bonsai contests ever on the web and am helping raise the awareness of bonsai as an art form. I am currently on the board of the first American National Bonsai Show (coming soon). I have had my thoughts published in national bonsai magazines on numerous occasions and I actively submit articles for discussion at KoB and AoB, both forums which I also am a co-founder and active editor of."

by the way.. you sound very humble there... you deserve recognition!!!!
maybe a magazine with your face on the front cover!!
your own line of bonsai tools!!
your own bonsai forum!!
no wait... that already exists..
thats right... im posting on it right now...

ZeLk

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh not much then, just the same old stuff from the same few people, didn't miss much at all, I see...

Later, got some work to do,

Will

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I sense a pattern here. Why is always Will against the forum?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I sense a pattern here. Why is it always Will against the forum?

Typical exaggeration.

Its always me against 5 or 6 members here who were also members of another forum when I was. Chris Johnston, Zelk, Al Keppler (smoke), Bonsaiwes, boondock, and ashbarns, maybe another...it is a easy task to see that these few are the ones I respond to and who are the ones who jump on anything I post...the same ones who have had many posts deleted here for personal attacks.....yes, there is a pattern here indeed, past threads here will show it.

Sorry guys your tactics are obvious,

Ah for the good old days when entertainment was a mud puddle or a penquin named Chilly Willy and the only worry was when bed time was. ;)

Video of the day

Will

Last edited:

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Typical exaggeration.

Its always me against 5 or 6 members here who were also members of another forum when I was. Chris Johnston, Zelk, Al Keppler (smoke), Bonsaiwes, boondock, and I think two others...it is a easy task to see that these few are the ones I respond to and who are the ones who jump on anything I post...the same ones who have had many posts deleted here for personal attacks.....yes, there is a pattern here indeed, past threads here will show it.

Sorry guys your tactics are obvious,

Ah for the good old days when entertainment was a mud puddle or a penquin named Chilly Willy and the only worry was when bed time was. ;)

Video of the day

Will

No, lack of understanding.
Those 5 or 7 are the only one with cahones large enough to say anything. I suspect the Will loathers go much deeper than 5 or 7!

I think it's penguin....

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yep, I was right. It is penguin.

I think if you live in the Southern Hemisphere it may be Capitlized. Or I could be wrong

Any comments on penguins Professor, you know everything else.

or....just give us at least one photo montage of you oldest project and show us how well your doing.

I have done two hear so far. I won't debate you with words, but I'll put my work against any of yours any day.

rlist

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
So, if it is the same old gang that attacks you, why did you jump down Mom's throat? It was clear to me, and maybe a few others, that in the sense of fun brought on by the Bash thread, she was calling the forum out to show what we have been up to.

You obviously saw it different. You portray a constant sense of victimization - is it so you can use that as a means to attempt to defend yourself and at the same time gain a sense of self actualization? I have never seen a person play victim so much, yet at the same time be so narcissitic.

Sorry if I am now classified as one of the group that incites, but I have seen this go on now for the past 6 months or so, and I it is growing quite tiring.

But, you should all know, I could easily be wrong. I got a D in psych 101...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yep, I was right. It is penguin.

I think if you live in the Southern Hemisphere it may be Capitlized. Or I could be wrong

Any comments on penguins Professor, you know everything else.

or....just give us at least one photo montage of you oldest project and show us how well your doing.

I have done two hear so far. I won't debate you with words, but I'll put my work against any of yours any day.

Yeah, well my mother can beat up your mother, so there.

(Can it get any sillier?)

By the way, it's here, not hear. (Sense you set the precedent for correcting spelling.)

Will

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No, lack of understanding.
Those 5 or 7 are the only one with cahones large enough to say anything. I suspect the Will loathers go much deeper than 5 or 7!

And yet things keep moving ahead, projects are still completed, articles are still wrote and published, and my bonsai still live...and here I thought the world would stop spinning....lmao.

Will

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The following pics are for Irene, sorry I bit you, I misread your post. The thoughts about the constant crying of a few people to see more of my bonsai, even after I post some get's tiring.

I walked out and snapped a few pictures for you, I can never post them all, I have over 500 pines in the ground alone. There are some that I wish not to show until I finish what I have started, some surprises are nice.

That being said, here are a few that are sitting around, waiting for health, growth, inspiration, whatever, none are close to being ready to show anywhere. Posted only in the interest of getting this thread on the topic Irene started.

1 and 2 a shohin sized collected Juniper.
3 is a Phonix graft I have been messing with
4 is a couple mame (under 4 inches) junipers I have been working with
5 is a shohin ficus

Top Bottom