Walter Pall's new book.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
B1MODERN-1-500x655.jpg

Has anyone had an opportunity to purchase this collaborative effort from Messrs. Morton and Pall? I was curious about it's content. Coffee-table books are nice, but horticultural information, anecdotal or whatever, is really my main focus. It has tempted me to break down and get a debit card!

The old lady is not a fan of my sticks, and stiff-arms me if I ask her to be my middle-man with her credit card. Cripes, I even offer up the interest up front!!! Like I said, she's not a fan.....:(;)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So the horticultural end is of this Larry Morton...trees photographed are Mr Pall's? What location is this Mr. Morton from and is it climate related? Though to have photos of Mr Pall's trees would be enjoyable to view...Hm-mm didn't realize the book even was in print.
Modern Bonsai Practice - 501 Principles of Good Bonsai Horticulture plus gallery of Walter Pall's bonsai trees. Horticultural scientist Larry Morton has put together the first bonsai book that focuses on what we now know about growing plants and applying that knowledge to bonsai. This clear, concise and exceptionally thorough book, will provide a lifetime of knowledge for any bonsai enthusiast who wants to learn and keep on learning with common sense answers that separate myth from fact with depth and detail. Struggling bonsai enthusiasts will have their problems resolved, while experienced practitioners will fine tune and improve their art.

Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned grower,… Modern Bonsai Practice will enhance your experience and provide essential knowledge of this elegant horticultural art. Hardcover. 8 1/4" x 10 1/4" (21 x 26 cm). 344 pages. Includes over 150 color photos of Walter Pall's bonsai

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I dont think you will be disappointed with it. Good stuff like the organization of it and photos are great.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
View attachment 111942

Has anyone had an opportunity to purchase this collaborative effort from Messrs. Morton and Pall? I was curious about it's content. Coffee-table books are nice, but horticultural information, anecdotal or whatever, is really my main focus. It has tempted me to break down and get a debit card!

The old lady is not a fan of my sticks, and stiff-arms me if I ask her to be my middle-man with her credit card. Cripes, I even offer up the interest up front!!! Like I said, she's not a fan.....:(;)
.....and I am quite certain that calling her the old lady will just win you lots and lots of "good points". My practice....only buy what I can pay for upfront....no interest payments...ever. Just thinking....see what horticulture information you can find online or at a local nursery first....before buying another book. Save your earned "good points" for later.

Figure out just how much more you really need to know before buying a book that you can't find readily to keep your "sticks" growing. Those sticks will only grow so fast.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
So the horticultural end is of this Larry Morton...trees photographed are Mr Pall's? What location is this Mr. Morton from and is it climate related? Though to have photos of Mr Pall's trees would be enjoyable to view...Hm-mm didn't realize the book even was in print.
You can sign up for email notification from bonsaiBark, receive news and very nice and inspirative blog posts every day.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Its a good book, full of questions and answers on everything you need to know about bonsai horticulture and development and stunning pics.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hehehee.....cash ain't my problem!!! Sending cash via post.......no thanks!
She's considerably younger than I, but that's part of the lexicon of my upbringing. Totally not derogatory, it's the highest compliment!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've always considered buying ANY kind of book as money well spent.;)
And I like to give my cash towards something like this as opposed to spending cash at big chain stores and the like......just a personal choice.
Put it this way, I parked my Blazer three years ago so I could spend more money on trees!!

I'm a caveman, if your not good at solving riddles!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
caveman.gif

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Last edited:

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone